Sonar 2024.08 Feedback

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to the Sonar 2024.08 release. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful.

We request that  discussion in this thread be restricted to issues directly concerning this release, to make it easier for us to assist users. For other topics, kindly use the feature request section or create new posts.  Off topic messages will be deleted.

Thanks in advance!

Sonar 2024 Overview

WHOA ! Only had a chance last night to take it for a quick spin but literally EVERYTHING seems snappier somehow.  Looking SO forward to really putting it thru its paces this weekend.

is it just me or does feel like a huge update ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

running great.

the only "glitch" i had was the time cursor did not show as reset to the beginning although it started playing, and when i moved the screen to the left (to see the beginning) the time cursor was doing what is should. only happened once while jumping around manually setting it at various spots in the song. so it was more of a screen refresh than an execution problem.

2 hours ago, Alper Karamahmutoglu said:

It can be said that the latest version (Sonar 2024.08 release) is more effective and runs smoothly than the older versions and CbB. and it has many UI improvements as well.

i can say it runs very smooth as well and i am loving the work flow and all the new stuff they have added...still not diggin the look.. in the long run, i would rather they put all the efforts into making it work the best it can, and then hopfully working on making it look a bit better...my opinion of course. 

• Like 1

the engine optimization looks to be significant, especially in combination with the upcoming release of some next gen cpus. waiting for the smoke to clear wrt claims vs real world performance, reports of some Win 11 'weirdness' and confirmed m/b support, but looks like time for a new rocket ship.

• Like 2

The advances in plug-in options (resource use monitoring, oversampling) are a welcome surprise. I can't speak to the improved engine efficiency as CbB was already doing fine in that regard on my systems.

Glad to see the developers continuing to optimize performance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gustabo said:

The performance improvements are incredible!
CPU Performance feedback on fx are much welcomed!

Glad it’s not just me like a placebo.  Literally everything seems “snappier”.

• Like 5

I never run at buffer sizes <256 (just because I don't need to so may as well save CPU cycles!) but gave 128 and 64 a whirl with the new release and...well, it works.  Much better than previous versions: if I needed to, I could now run a hefty project (plug-ins and synths) with input monitoring on TH-U at a 64 buffer size if I need to, without dropouts or glitches - I've never been able to do that before.

Low Latency Performance:  After 18 working hours with the latest build and optimizations, I'm seeing improvements.  I used RME buffer settings of 64 and 256. Despite unintentionally setting the buffer to 64, I was able to work with over 100 plugins and 50+ tracks without any glitches. Seems like the new version runs smoother and feels snappier.

• Like 1

THREE words..  THAAANNK YOUUU CAKEWAALLKK...WOWW. My dream come true finally. I invest in 3 daws after Gibson but never give up in Cakewalk. What an amazing UPDATE. I tried yesterday with a Big cinematic library almost 100 vst intruments 20 buses and aux plus plugins... Wow and i can record at 128... Wowo, Thanks aguan Guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Only one problem. Crash on start.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kShlExz3zbzWefDmsPqpjLX7oUX64buh/view?usp=sharing

I don't know if it would help - 6+more dmp files.

Folder Access 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HmoCx1L3nYHovGQp_jqK6BxU4TQGoeW7?usp=sharing

Thanks,

Max

I will take a look at your files this morning thanks.

• Like 1