[Solved] ASIO drivers? - Audient iD14 and Cakewalk BbL

Hi all,

New to Cakewalk by BandLab, but an early Cakewalk user (1998). Today, I needed to open and export an old BUN project as an audio mix. My first attempt was : levels not right. Left channel is louder and Right channel is faint.

I looked in the Cakewalk workspace and can't find the LEVELS knob or setting. ANYTHING I CLICK becomes a weird two-headed arrow that's just unhelpful.

• CAKEWALK:

In Preferences, I set up my audio output just like I did in Mixcraft. 

U9LxxWxewA.png.9631f99af1886d5ab7294320edd5f2d1.png

• MIXCRAFT

As you can see, in Mixcraft, I can select the Audient ASIO driver, which works flawlessly.

ewrV3j12kr.png.40f7a570d164f21459e3684bde6b5e09.png

But in Cakewalk, I don't have that option. The only option that's enabled by default us WASAPI, which is not recommended by Audient. 

And after updating the Audient driver to the latest, now I have no sound from Cakewalk. 

I spent the past 2 hours on this and read a few threads that I thought "could" have been addressing my issue, but nothing. 

DO YOU NOTICE ANYTHING WRONG IN THE SCREENSHOT? 

Thanks in advance,

André

Edited by Andre Lefebvre

16 minutes ago, Andre Lefebvre said:

Hi all,

New to Cakewalk by BandLab, but an early Cakewalk user (1998). Today, I needed to open and export an old BUN project as an audio mix. My first attempt was : levels not right. Left channel is louder and Right channel is faint.

I looked in the Cakewalk workspace and can't find the LEVELS knob or setting. ANYTHING I CLICK becomes a weird two-headed arrow that's just unhelpful.

• CAKEWALK:

In Preferences, I set up my audio output just like I did in Mixcraft. 

U9LxxWxewA.png.9631f99af1886d5ab7294320edd5f2d1.png

• MIXCRAFT

As you can see, in Mixcraft, I can select the Audient ASIO driver, which works flawlessly.

ewrV3j12kr.png.40f7a570d164f21459e3684bde6b5e09.png

But in Cakewalk, I don't have that option. The only option that's enabled by default us WASAPI, which is not recommended by Audient. 

And after updating the Audient driver to the latest, now I have no sound from Cakewalk. 

I spent the past 2 hours on this and read a few threads that I thought "could" have been addressing my issue, but nothing. 

DO YOU NOTICE ANYTHING WRONG IN THE SCREENSHOT? 

Thanks in advance,

André

Driver Mode is on the Playback and Recording tab. Depending on what was connected when you first launched Sonar, it'll dictate what driver mode the app defaults to. 

Looks like you're in WASAPI Shared mode, just flip it to ASIO, and click Apply in the Preferences, then your ASIO drivers will appear in the device list. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Driver Mode is on the Playback and Recording tab. Depending on what was connected when you first launched Sonar, it'll dictate what driver mode the app defaults to. 

Looks like you're in WASAPI Shared mode, just flip it to ASIO, and click Apply in the Preferences, then your ASIO drivers will appear in the device list. 

Thank you Jonathan! At first there was a warning message about ASIO4All, which I uninstall as I don't need it. 

Now I have these settings but still no sound output. And I checked and tested the audio and it works. Except from Cakewalk.

cCcze18yHG.png.71f3b486374d7cad60867811c4a34c22.png

And in Driver settings (nothing happens if I click on ASIO Panel):

n1FqRCRDuz.png.9e85e0b61767de179d2fa8c4cb33766d.png

Anything else I should check? I went through Audient Windows optimization video but it's 7 years old...

Thanks!

Edited by Andre Lefebvre

• Andre Lefebvre changed the title to [Solved] ASIO drivers? - Audient iD14 and Cakewalk BbL