When y'all going to bring Sonar to iPad?

Cubasis has pissed me off and didn't mention they don't support PDC!!

Cubasis was a huge waste of my time and money!

I currently use Sonar Producer 8.5.3 and is the best DAW, but I need to get something more mobile.  Paid $500 for it!

Please, Cakewalk, bring Sonar to iOS with PDC and woop thier ***.  Show them who's really the boss!

I would buy Sonar on iPad!

Edited by El Diablo

1 minute ago, Jim Fogle said:

What is PDC?

Plugin Delay Compensation (PDC) is a feature in digital audio workstations (DAWs) that ensures that all audio tracks stay in sync, even when certain plugins introduce processing delays. When you use certain effects or processors, like some compressors, limiters, or linear phase equalizers, they can cause a delay because of the time it takes to process the audio signal. Without PDC, this delay could cause tracks to become misaligned, leading to phase issues or an overall disjointed mix.

PDC works by automatically delaying all the other tracks by the same amount of time as the track with the plugin delay. This ensures that all tracks are perfectly aligned, regardless of the processing delays introduced by individual plugins. In simpler terms, it compensates for the latency caused by plugins so that everything plays back in sync.

This feature is crucial in modern DAWs for maintaining the timing and phase integrity of a mix, especially when working with complex projects that involve multiple plugins on different tracks.

• Thanks 1

• GTsongwriter changed the title to When y'all going to bring Sonar to iPad?

Next is also IOS, This is why they sidetracked development to work on fresh code.  Sonars Code has proven in the past that any attempts are doomed to fail.  So Next is the IOS version of a Cakewalk compatible product.  Sonar projects can be opened in Next and visa versa using the Cakewalk Exchange. 

1 hour ago, Sock Monkey said:

Next is also IOS, This is why they sidetracked development to work on fresh code.  Sonars Code has proven in the past that any attempts are doomed to fail.  So Next is the IOS version of a Cakewalk compatible product.  Sonar projects can be opened in Next and visa versa using the Cakewalk Exchange. 

The Sonar MacOS prototype was fully functional, there were just other limitations that made going that route not particularly viable. 

Note that Next works for MacOS not iOS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2024 at 5:34 PM, Starship Krupa said:

No, it's not.

Next runs on MacOS and Windows.

Sorry I'm not a Apple person so didn't realize there was any difference. Thanks, I now now that. But I also kind of thought that Next worked on iPads?  

3 hours ago, pwal²³ said:

the bl app that works on ios is browser based rather than a proper app

On my iPhone and iPad, BandLab is an app that I got from the App Store. Downloads and installs just like any other. Also true for Android phones and tablets.

On Windows and MacOS, BandLab runs in a web browser.

5 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

Sorry I'm not a Apple person so didn't realize there was any difference. Thanks, I now now that. But I also kind of thought that Next worked on iPads?  

Not today. It's MacOS and windows only. It could in theory run on ipadOS but the UI would have to be scaled accordingly.

Next has full PDC btw :)

On 8/5/2024 at 12:26 PM, Starship Krupa said:

BandLab already has a DAW for iOS. It's called BandLab.

I have Bandlab on my Google pixel phone and I really don't like it. 

I like a traditional DAW setup, like Cakewalk Sonar, before it became two separate products (Next & Sonar) as I've not tried those. 

I'm just hoping someday to give the middle finger to Cubasis and claim Cakewalk Sonar #1 on iOs!

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

I'm just hoping someday to give the middle finger to Cubasis and claim Cakewalk Sonar #1 on iOs!

Hold not thy breath, good sir.😀

As long as BandLab own Cakewalk, there is Next to zero chance that they will spend resources on developing a DAW that would compete with what they see as their main product.

• Sad 1

Next could be a candidate for IOS like iPad.

the only trepidation i would have for Cakewalk would be the amount of support needed by iPad owners (in turn robbing us of Sonar and Next on Windows/Mac support)

if you check out some other DAW (DAW-like) products, you'll find their forums are full of iPad issues because of hardware versions, IOS versions not working with the hardware versions, IOS versions not supporting features that 2 weeks ago were working and now are completely dropped or changed, etc etc. having Apple rule your platform kinda sucks in 90% of the cases...

• Like 2