Nembrini Audio Release Double Reverb Guitar Amplifier

satya

This is pretty awesome, had to purchase it to keep the collection complete, going to play around with it a bit more today, and run against some of the TONEX Twin capture sets I have (as close as I have to that amp) I have.

8 hours ago, Artie Choke said:

This is pretty awesome, had to purchase it to keep the collection complete, going to play around with it a bit more today, and run against some of the TONEX Twin capture sets I have (as close as I have to that amp) I have.

Tone Junkie, the Studio Rats and Chop Tones all have twin reverb captures for Tonex.   And there are also free captures of twins.

Think nembrini should focus on more boutique things to stay relevant.  At some point the people buying to complete the collection in this economy will die off.

9 hours ago, Artie Choke said:

How’s does it compare?

12 hours ago, Artie Choke said:

When you've had a chance to compare them please come back and let us know what you think.

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Tone Junkie, the Studio Rats and Chop Tones all have twin reverb captures for Tonex.   And there are also free captures of twins.

Think nembrini should focus on more boutique things to stay relevant.  At some point the people buying to complete the collection in this economy will die off.

You make a really good point here.  Since Tonex/NAM type of amp modeling arrived I've wondered what the future of developers like Nembrini is.   You have a very interesting idea about going the boutique direction.  I hope he (and the others) are making plans for the future because I really like his stuff.

Well I got as close as I could to amp used, some closer than others😇 '57, '58, '62, '70 and late '70's unspecified, I found an Oxford 12T6s IR and stuck with that for the time. What I found was that TONEX had that Fender sound in abundance, both in clean and driven and everything in between, especially driven. If you've had a bit to do with Fender tube amps in your time, you should have no trouble picking the TONEX for what it is. The Nembrini not so, I mean it's there if you really concentrate and squint your eyes, but no cigar. As an amp sim it sounds good, very good even, there is no problem there, it's light on CPU, the GUI is fairly intuitive, but imo, as with everything else to date, it falls short of the bar set by TONEX both in sound quality and feel, and the ability to unmistakably sound like that which it sets out to. 

Apart from the Fender Twins, which were mainly IK and Tone Junkies, just for kicks later I also used some Amalgam, like Fender Deluxe, Super Deluxe, Tweed Deluxe, Deluxe Reverb, Bassman and the like. Although obviously different to the model at hand, the same traits are still present, superior sound quality and feel, and that unmistakable Fender sound. Despite of the insane amount of 3rd party Capture Packs I have I still personally prefer IK's most of the time when it comes to Fender. As far as captures go, I certainly don't pass them over just because they are IK's, I don't think they done a bad a job as some make out, quite the opposite in fact, I found Amplitubes Fender, at least Fender 1 and Fender 2 had that distinctive and unmistakable Fender sound as well imo.

That's enough Rambling from me, except to say that's all just my opinion, we are all entitled to our own, rock on and be happy all 👍

On 8/8/2024 at 1:38 AM, Artie Choke said:

Well I got as close as I could to amp used, some closer than others😇 '57, '58, '62, '70 and late '70's unspecified, I found an Oxford 12T6s IR and stuck with that for the time. What I found was that TONEX had that Fender sound in abundance, both in clean and driven and everything in between, especially driven. If you've had a bit to do with Fender tube amps in your time, you should have no trouble picking the TONEX for what it is. The Nembrini not so, I mean it's there if you really concentrate and squint your eyes, but no cigar. As an amp sim it sounds good, very good even, there is no problem there, it's light on CPU, the GUI is fairly intuitive, but imo, as with everything else to date, it falls short of the bar set by TONEX both in sound quality and feel, and the ability to unmistakably sound like that which it sets out to. 

Apart from the Fender Twins, which were mainly IK and Tone Junkies, just for kicks later I also used some Amalgam, like Fender Deluxe, Super Deluxe, Tweed Deluxe, Deluxe Reverb, Bassman and the like. Although obviously different to the model at hand, the same traits are still present, superior sound quality and feel, and that unmistakable Fender sound. Despite of the insane amount of 3rd party Capture Packs I have I still personally prefer IK's most of the time when it comes to Fender. As far as captures go, I certainly don't pass them over just because they are IK's, I don't think they done a bad a job as some make out, quite the opposite in fact, I found Amplitubes Fender, at least Fender 1 and Fender 2 had that distinctive and unmistakable Fender sound as well imo.

That's enough Rambling from me, except to say that's all just my opinion, we are all entitled to our own, rock on and be happy all 👍

Thanks for taking the time to do that, I appreciate it.