Chord analyzer -- need more

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

My money is on "actual symbol" = guitar fingering picture.  

Charts for those aren't difficult to find on the interwebs.

I don't know of any plug-in that can convert piano chords to guitar chord diagrams (not to say that there isn't one, just none that I know of).

Me, I usually search YouTube for "how to play [name of song] on guitar."😆 It's getting to be that no matter the original instrument(s) for a song, someone will have worked out a guitar arrangement and posted it to YouTube.

• Like 1

Do any of these suit your usage?

Chordify: This app and website can convert music from YouTube, Deezer, SoundCloud, and your own music collection into chords and tabs.

Songsterr: This app provides access to a large collection of guitar, bass, and drum tabs, and also features a playback function to hear the song while viewing the tablature.

Guitar Pro: A powerful tool for guitarists, it allows you to import audio files and generate tablature. It also has a vast library of tabs and can be used for composing and learning.

Transcribe!: While primarily an audio transcription tool, it can help break down songs into their component parts, making it easier to figure out the tablature.

Yousician: This app listens to you play and provides real-time feedback. It also has a song library where you can see tablature and play along with tracks.

Not having used any of these types of gizmos, I'd probably go for Guitar Pro myself. This is by no means a complete list of what's available.

11 hours ago, Artie Choke said:

Do any of these suit your usage?

Chordify: This app and website can convert music from YouTube, Deezer, SoundCloud, and your own music collection into chords and tabs.

Songsterr: This app provides access to a large collection of guitar, bass, and drum tabs, and also features a playback function to hear the song while viewing the tablature.

Guitar Pro: A powerful tool for guitarists, it allows you to import audio files and generate tablature. It also has a vast library of tabs and can be used for composing and learning.

Transcribe!: While primarily an audio transcription tool, it can help break down songs into their component parts, making it easier to figure out the tablature.

Yousician: This app listens to you play and provides real-time feedback. It also has a song library where you can see tablature and play along with tracks.

Not having used any of these types of gizmos, I'd probably go for Guitar Pro myself. This is by no means a complete list of what's available.

Guitar Pro : ref audio files - no it doesn’t. You can import midi files and generate  tabs. Audio files can only be used as reference tracks to play along with - IF (note the big if) you can line them up with your midi or GP files 100% of the time, good luck. ………and the drummer on the audio file is a real metronome !. But, yes there are many tabs/files available for d/l. Free or not.

J

3 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

Guitar Pro : ref audio files - no it doesn’t. You can import midi files and generate  tabs. Audio files can only be used as reference tracks to play along with - IF (note the big if) you can line them up with your midi or GP files 100% of the time, good luck. ………and the drummer on the audio file is a real metronome !. But, yes there are many tabs/files available for d/l. Free or not.

J

14 hours ago, Artie Choke said:

Best go have a chat with ChatGPT, that's what he, she, it spat out when I quizzed said 'thing'  😎

Edited by Artie Choke

On 8/2/2024 at 9:52 PM, Cobus Prinsloo said:

Hi, I started playing with the chord analyzer plugin, but it only gives descriptions for each chord. What I need is the actual symbol for each chord.

Is there another chord analyzer that can do this?

hords.png

Every version of Cakewalk software I have had for the last 22 years has a list of chord diagrams with about 1,200 entries.
Once you have the name of the chord, and you want to know how to play it on a guitar, you can look it up. But it won't draw the diagram in. You would still have to do that.

diagrams.jpg