What's Going On With SCOOK (Steve)?

I haven't seen a post by Steve in a long time.  I looked up his profile and he last posted in September, 2023.  He is a great forum asset and very much missed.  Anyone know what's going on and provide an update?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

He's hanging out on KVR.

Hasn't posted there in over 4 years has he?

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Without him and John Vere

Cheers Krupa. I watched John's video about quiting the Cakewalk forum but I didnt fully follow. Was he singled out by Bandlab for giving incorrect info or something?

John has been super giving of his time on this forum. I can def see how that felt like a gut punch to him. What exactly did he do to require needing approval on his messages and has this happened to anyone else on this forum?

Note: before posting this,I hadn't read all the comments below John's YouTube video. I now have a somewhat better idea of what happened. Also, I can understand if no one here wants to elaborate or speculate on what exactly happened. So feel free to disregard my questions. I'll just say, John will def be missed here. I'm very thankful for all the great advice he gave me. He saved my butt many times. Cheers guys!

Edited by T Boog
Question already answered
  • Like 1

@T Boog your assumption is incorrect of his situation, he placed himself were he is, it was his choice. Like you I learnt of his decision through his announcement posting, as a mod I did and said nothing to him. I can only assume some other Mod or Admin did.

@Artie Choke you can apologise now I had nothing to do with him, Scook, being blocked, suspended or anything to do with him leaving, I missed his posts and his useful utilities. 

I noticed Scook was MIA sometime ago, not the first time I might add, I just assumed he had other/better things to do with his time. I was aware he did some software development and thought perhaps he was busy doing that. It was only when I checked I discovered how long it had been since he posted.

As to your accusation of me being on a power trip, as moderator here we all have been given a set of rules by Bandlab to use to moderate these forums. These range from dealing with spam, inappropriate content posts, personal attacks between users. There was a recent update to those rules, that indicated that posts regarding product of a direct competition to Bandlab products would no longer be tolerated, the same as PreSonus don't in their forums. Unlike PreSonus where such post result in the removal of the post and the banning of the originator. That is not the case here only the posts will be hidden or removed.

If you feel the need to make a complaint about me please do, you should note your post here constitutes a personal attack on myself. Personal attacks are frowned upon, personal attacks on moderators even more so. Possibly the reason you see me as an adversary is because I stick my head above the parapet, unlike the other mods. Perhaps you would like to put up with the PM's and other c r a p because someone crossed a line and got upset with me.

You will note you, Artie Choke, have not been either suspended or put on post approval for your personal attack on myself.  Just have a little think about it.

One last thought for you all, all the mods are volunteers  we get nothing in return for doing it, only abuse from the users, I do wonder why I do it, perhaps as a Cakewalk user of some 32 years I would like to see the product succeed and the community to be supportive of each other and the product. 

No I didn't remove your post.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

@T Boog your assumption is incorrect of his situation,

Hi Wookiee. Well I just may have to store this one in my "I don't know what the heck happened" file. 

I guess that's life. Things seem to change fast these days. Anyway, I'm sure we're all sad to see John go. On the positive, he still has his youtube channel so all is not lost. Cheers bro

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pwal²³ said:

did you watch the video posted above? no more cakewalk help from john

Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again, oh no

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, pwal²³ said:

did you watch the video posted above? no more cakewalk help from john

Yeah bud, it sucks but there's still plenty of knowledgeable Cakewalk users on here. We'll be ok pwal ?