How to activate the helpful icons at the menus on Cakewalk Sonar?

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

IIRC SONAR X1 Expanded was a version of X1 with an early implementation of the ProChannel.

Yes, the main thing I remember was that Expanded modified the ProChannel so that it became more of an open architecture, and could accept plugins (Softube Saturation and the Concrete Limiters were early adopters). You could also vary the order of effects in the chain, and export in MusicXML for people who used notation software (at the time, there was much grousing about the staff view). Finally, don't quote me on this but I think expanded is when you could add graphics to the FX Chain control panels and such. I also think the "e" version was a nominal-cost upgrade, but I'm not sure of that either.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, msmcleod said:

IIRC SONAR X1 Expanded was a version of X1 with an early implementation of the ProChannel.

The X1e update was available to all versions, but you may find there is a specific X1e update for SONAR X1 Expanded, just as there was for artist/professional/producer.

Unfortunately (but only mildly so since we're talking about X1), I have not found X1e for SONAR X1 Producer or SONAR X1 Expanded on the currently available set of websites, nor do I have a backup copy on any of current PCs or backup storage devices. That's odd because back in those days I meticulously followed all of the instructions for the patches/updates. 

If there was an X1e patch for any of my versions of SONAR X1, either I missed it or I have it on one of my currently out of commission XP SP3 PCs.  Not urgent to set one up or to search ancient HDDs or storage media.

I would have thought if there was one, I would have found it at the legacy site for product downloads. Of course, so far I hav en't been able to find any of the intermediary patches either. I can download SONAR X1 Producer (including some content files), ProducerX1cPatch, and SONAR_X1_Producer_Expanded. Currently the website doesn't show me an X1d or an X1e patch.

I don't doubt that some people might have had an X1e Patch.

I did find the early version of ProChannel.  Some of the modules load and the ones that don't run identify the version of SONAR needed to run (eg SONAR 2, SONAR 4, etc.).

13 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

I also think the "e" version was a nominal-cost upgrade, but I'm not sure of that either.

I remember paying for the Expanded version of SONAR X1 Producer. My price was $19.99. It might be that different people paid different prices.

SONAR X1 Producer Expanded (Download)      $19.99

On 8/4/2024 at 12:30 AM, pwal²³ said:

me too, x1 was a disaster... why can't you still use 853?

On 8/4/2024 at 11:07 AM, Resonant Serpent said:

I don't have a computer that'll run it, and it's limited these days.

Sonar 8.3 runs fine on Win 10 here. Haven't tried it on Win 11 yet.

• Like 1

AFAIK X1d was the last update for Sonar X1 but it's not on our product page for some reason.

It's available on the Knowledge Base page of the legacy site here: https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013277/SONAR-X1d-Update

Update: You must log into you legacy account 1st, then click one of the links.  Download should be instant now that the URL is fixed.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1