Not a deal: (but sort of is!) Klanghelm DC8C advanced compressor 23€

MusicMan

Klanghelm DC8C advanced compressor

Klanghelm never have sales, but I just grabbed this the other day and love it. The expert mode has controls for shaping just about everything and it has saturation that you can add pre compression, or post, or sidechain only. You can use it in basic mode too, but expert is deep like Unisum, or TDR Kotelnikov, but for some reason seems easier, or more fluid to dial in the right compression. I can see this one being a go to compressor for me ?

Introducing DC8C

DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around.
While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it's general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.
The main goal while designing DC8C was to get a very clean compressor action without unwanted and often almost inevitable artifacts/distortion. This way you can achieve almost invisible compression for your most demanding mastering sessions, when you want to avoid coloration.
If you aim for color you can choose between two saturation models.
From opto-style, peak compression, external side-chaining, RMS compression, Feedback, Feedforward compression (and everything in-between) to negative ratios, zero latency brick-wall limiting, from snappy transient treatment to smooth transient rounding - everything is possible.

DC8C is available in the following formats (all included in a single license):

• Windows (64bit): VST, VST3, AAX Native for ProTools® 11 or higher
  • macOS: AU, VST, VST3, AAX Native for ProTools® 11 or higher

https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/DC8C

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Klanghelm's plugins are excellent AND excellent value. The most expensive one is 24 €. I have all 6 of the full versions. There are 4 freebies that are subsets of the full  versions. MJUC, their 1176 compressor emulation, is superb!

Klanghelm plugins

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 7

They really are, aren't they John?!

The only two paid ones I don't own are SDRR and TENS.

I am tempted by SDRR, although I definitely don't need it. If they had a demo I'd probably end up buying it anyway, but I'm not sure if it adds enough unique features / sound to make it worthwhile. If I didn't own a bunch of great saturation, then it would be a complete no brainer at all.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I am tempted by SDRR, although I definitely don't need it. If they had a demo I'd probably end up buying it anyway, but I'm not sure if it adds enough unique features / sound to make it worthwhile. If I didn't own a bunch of great saturation, then it would be a complete no brainer at all.

Get TENS. 

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

4 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Get TENS. 

I was almost 100% certain someone would say that! Haha...

That's another one that seems to have been very well received.

I have a feeling I will end up buying that at some stage ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I was almost 100% certain someone would say that! Haha...

That's another one that seems to have been very well received.

I have a feeling I will end up buying that at some stage ?

Just get it now :(

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

Klanghelm's plugins are excellent AND excellent value. The most expensive one is 24 €. I have all 6 of the full versions. There are 4 freebies that are subsets of the full  versions. MJUC, their 1176 compressor emulation, is superb!

Klanghelm plugins

Same here. Still to get TENS though, but the Jr freebie is soooooo good already. 

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Same here. Still to get TENS though, but the Jr freebie is soooooo good already. 

I have that too and thought it was pretty nice as well. On top of great sounding plugins, very reasonable prices and no copyright protection hassles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

I, too, have plenty of high quality saturation plugins, but how could I turn down another really good one called ***, Drugs, Rock & Roll (let's see if that full name gets "cleansed") that cost only 23 €?

EDIT: Yup, it got cleansed.

Edited by John Maar
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

I have all of them and like them! By the way SDRR was my first purchase!

And for those that don't know: Klanghelm plugins do not have authorization hassles, you won't have trouble when you exchange your computer (as long as the plugins are supported on your operating system)!

• Like 3

What I only realised after buying many compressors after I had bought DC8C and MJUC is that I didn't need to buy many compressors after I already had DC8C and MJUC.  Live and learn, and collect compressors.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

I see the login area, but how do you create an account to login?  Is this done when you purchase a plugin from them?

I've heard of  Klanghelm, but never purchased a plugin from them before.

15 hours ago, Mark Dineen said:

What I only realised after buying many compressors after I had bought DC8C and MJUC is that I didn't need to buy many compressors after I already had DC8C and MJUC.  Live and learn, and collect compressors.

I've been thinking the exact same thing with DC8C too Mark. I had liked that aspect of Kush Novatron which allows you to have attack and release characteristics of multiple types of compressors and that's a really nice sounding compressor too.

DC8C extends that ability much further though.

• Like 2