Leaves On Water

freddy j

I haven't posted on the forum for quite a while.  For the past several weeks I have been fighting a doggone sinus and ear infection.  Trying to listen to music or anything else was a bit weird and echo like.  However, after several doctor visits and medications it is finally starting to approach somewhat normal.  All of these words are to set up a caution that the mix might be a bit ragged.

This post was put on YouTube and is definitely different for me.  It follows a trip that a leaf might take from falling from the tree into a stream and riding the stream to its final destination  -- a pond.  The whole thing is intended to be very relaxing and mellow.  No --- I am not getting soft but I just thought I would try something  different.

Given that this was done while my ear was still on the mend, I would be grateful for any comments, crit.'s, suggestions.

Thanks!

LEAVES  ON  WATER

• Like 5

l love it when we try to do something different, especially when it works!  Nice concept and video to go with a dreamy soundscape.  I might experiment with other synth parts to see if there might be some textures that might work as well, but you are on the right track.  This, most importantly, is fun to listen to multiple times!

Hi tom.  Thanks very much for commenting both on the forum and on YouTube.  I appreciate your very kind comments.  It means a lot coming from you!

Hi Old Joad.  I also thank you for commenting both on the forum and on YouTube.  I was practicing that little "squeak technique  while recording this.  I first heard this technique on an old record by the Hawks (later to become The Band).  Robby Robertson was the guitarist and some credit him as being the first to do this but that is up for discussion.  Anyway, I thought it was cool and tried it out!    Thanks again and I enjoyed and commented on your recent post!

Hey Jack C.  Thanks for listening and I appreciate the kind words.  I really liked your recent post on this forum!

Hi Bjorn.  You are right -- no it is not the usual synth nature music.  Mostly because of the love/hate relationship that I have with MIDI and for some reason, I don't (or can't) always conform.  I am glad that you liked it and thanks for your kind comments!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...