StudioOne thread vanished (not a deal)

fjz

12 minutes ago, Pragi said:

I don´t think so,  Bandlab is currently acting like almost all other DAW developers.

Almost all other DAW developers (that I've looked at) do offer a perpetual license option, though.

• Great Idea 2

16 minutes ago, fjz said:

Almost all other DAW developers (that I've looked at) do offer a perpetual license option, though.

Almost all other DAW developers have been requesting cash for their products for the past 5 years and 

this is a Cakewalk/Sonar Forum. 

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Almost all other DAW developers have been requesting cash for their products for the past 5 years.

I'd be more than happy to throw my cash towards Cakewalk (Sonar). I've been using it for well over a decade now (including paid versions), and I really don't want to go to a new DAW. But a subscription model is out of the question for me.

• Thanks 2

For the OP, rather than type the same thing and have it deleted again, I sent you a PM. I am assuming you didn't see the replies yesterday.

If someone asks a legitimate question, they deserve a legitimate answer. As simple as that.  

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

If true, that seems a bit harsh

I guess my thoughts were this is a "Community -> General Music Discussion  -> The Coffee House  -> Deals" forum, but seems it's now...

"Community -> General Music Discussion  -> The Coffee House  -> Deals (except DAWs)" forum

Kind of sad to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fjz said:

The StudioOne topic that I started yesterday seems to be gone. Was it taken down for some reason???

If you had posted on the PreSonus forum, X, Facebook, Whats-App etc pages, information about another DAW, not only would your post have been removed but you would have been banned from all PreSonus sites. That's a little over the top, but it is the PreSonus policy. 

For obvious reasons Bandlab don't really want to see other competitors DAW products being promoted, deal or what, on their forums.

Thanks for understanding. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Meh 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, mettelus said:

For the OP, rather than type the same thing and have it deleted again, I sent you a PM. I am assuming you didn't see the replies yesterday.

If someone asks a legitimate question, they deserve a legitimate answer. As simple as that.  

Thanks, mettelus.

Edited by fjz
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barrie said:

I guess my thoughts were this is a "Community -> General Music Discussion  -> The Coffee House  -> Deals" forum, but seems it's now...

"Community -> General Music Discussion  -> The Coffee House  -> Deals (except DAWs)" forum

Kind of sad to me.

I agree.

Hmmm.... Right at the top of the Coffee House it states:

"This is an inclusive discussion area, intended to promote music-related discussions that do not pertain specifically to Cakewalk software. Users of all experience levels and backgrounds can ask questions and share knowledge. By making your posts music-related, you help preserve the quality of these discussions.

As with all of our communities, we encourage mutual respect..."

There is a contradiction here.

20 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

If you had posted on the PreSonus forum, X, Facebook, Whats-App etc pages, information about another DAW, not only would your post have been removed but you would have been banned from all PreSonus sites. That's a little over the top, but it is the PreSonus policy.

Reading this it's apparent which other DAW probably inspired this policy of theirs, and I'm sorry, but ?.

55 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

For obvious reasons Bandlab don't really want to see other competitors DAW products being promoted, deal or what, on their forums.

Thanks for understanding. 

Please update the Communtiy Guidelines to reflect this

https://blog.bandlab.com/community-guidelines/