Orchestral Tools 75% Off on Berlin Orchestra Inspire 1

PavlovsCat

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

This voucher has a minimum purchase amount of 399€

I tested it and it worked perfectly for both the Sine Player and Kontakt versions. I was logged in. I live in the US. They could be limiting this offer to residents of specific regions / countries,  but we have had people in the US and Europe confirm it's working for them. You could always try OT support. I'd bet they'd get it sorted out for you. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

46 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

This voucher has a minimum purchase amount of 399€

1 minute ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

My price is 381 Euros, because I own probably an instrument from this collection. Must be why it's not working 

Works for me as well but, indeed shows 399 Euros in my case.

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

My price is 381 Euros, because I own probably an instrument from this collection. Must be why it's not working 

This was my assumption too. Could either just use a new email / account, or see if there's something cheap to add. I didn't spend time looking as I'm not sure I really intend on grabbing it.

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I tested it and it worked perfectly for both the Sine Player and Kontakt versions. I was logged in. I live in the US. They could be limiting this offer to residents of specific regions / countries,  but we have had people in the US and Europe confirm it's working for them. You could always try OT support. I'd bet they'd get it sorted out for you. 

It's not that. I checked my licenses and I have 1/26 of that library so it shows a different price.  

BTW they don't use paypal either.

Sad I go this far to amuse myself.

Edited by Paul Young

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

Although Sine is a fledgling it will most like get a whole lot better...

A company either understands UX or it doesn't. This isn't something that is easily remedied without completely altering how ownership / upper management view software, aesthetics, etc. 

Sine is a horrendous sample player. It's been out for years and hasn't improved. It is absolutely ***** backward in almost every way, from how libraries are displayed, how dynamics are controlled, how patches / articulations are selected, how the mixer works, how multi-channels are setup, and on and on.  It will not get better without essentially lobotomizing those who made these decisions (or managed the process), or firing all of them and replacing them with another team. You can't just suddenly learn these things - it takes years of education on top of a baseline natural talent for design & engineering.

It's too bad. OT libraries are phenomenal. But the player is an example of an absolutely unfathomably poor understanding of design - which at a minimum, even if the UX engineering is terrible, which it is, requires at least a baseline understanding of aesthetics / UI. Better than Best Service's Engine player though! (lol)

Edited by Carl Ewing

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

A company either understands UX or it doesn't. This isn't something that is easily remedied without completely altering how ownership / upper management view software, aesthetics, etc. 

Sine is a horrendous sample player. It's been out for years and hasn't improved. It is absolutely ***** backward in almost every way, from how libraries are displayed, how dynamics are controlled, how patches / articulations are selected, how the mixer works, how multi-channels are setup, and on and on.  It will not get better without essentially lobotomizing those who made these decisions (or managed the process), or firing all of them and replacing them with another team. You can't just suddenly learn these things - it takes years of education on top of a baseline natural talent for design & engineering.

It's too bad. OT libraries are phenomenal. But the player is an example of an absolutely unfathomably poor understanding of design - which at a minimum, even if the UX engineering is terrible, which it is, requires at least a baseline understanding of aesthetics / UI. Better than Best Service's Engine player though! (lol)

A savage take. But having worked with  some excellent UX pros in my career, and learned  a bit about UX, I do agree that the Sine Player is poor, as are a lot of sample developers home grown plugins. That's why I loathe it, and stop buying when these one to three person developer shops abandon Kontakt to create their amateur hour abominations that even a junior level user experience pro would find abysmal. But good luck getting them to listen.  Even the bigger devs like OT are small businesses and its not like they invest the resources that NI can. I wish OT abandoned their player and went back to Kontakt and  just focused on what they're good at, making sample libraries. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

It's not that. I checked my licenses and I have 1/26 of that library so it shows a different price.  

BTW they don't use paypal either.

Sad I go this far to amuse myself.

If you're really interested,  try contacting them. I bet they'd get things sorted out. 

4 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

If you're really interested,  try contacting them. I bet they'd get things sorted out. 

Nope. I was just amusing myself. 

I have a couple of libraries I haven't cracked open yet.

6 hours ago, jngnz said:

Well f-ck me. I decided against it last night and bought it this morning in a sleepy half-coma. You f-cks.

The same reason I put an alcohol lock on my Cakewalk Forum access.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3