Will Microsoft Windows eventually disable Cakewalk by Bandlab?

As Windows is an ever changing thing with Windows 12 soon on the horizon there is the scenario that one day Cakewalk by Bandlab and/or activation could simply no longer work with Windows.

Personally, it is nice to know that if Cakewalk Sonar were to have issues that I could temporarily fall back on Cakewalk by Bandlab.

I am an updates for life alumni, I paid the whole kitchen sink way back when Gibson owned the DAW.

In my lifetime, I have cumulatively paid thousands for Cakewalk. It has been worth every single penny.

There were the piracy days when many people would use torrents and download hacked versions of Cakewalk. This is what stunted and killed the program.

Now we have many of the same people clinging on to the Bandlab version of Cakewalk refusing to pay a single dime for the paid Cakewalk Sonar version.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to ask, why are you requesting help in a forum when you are contributing nothing to Cakewalk? Does this forum or Cakewalk owe you even the time of day?

If Microsoft does somehow disable Cakewalk by Bandlab over some new update or another, I see no reason why anyone should bail you out.

We have a saying here in Maine where I live, "If you can't stand the winters, you don't deserve the summers.".

Edited by RexRed

• RexRed changed the title to Will Microsoft Windows eventually disable Cakewalk by Bandlab?

@RexRed as noted Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 still works, and that is over 24 years old.

Will an OS update kill off old software, that is always a risk, more likely that old hardware will no longer be supported. 

locking this thread for obvious reasons. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Meh 2