Sonar DAW - get all synth parameters into your instrument track AT ONCE

There is no need to add envelopes or activate all synth parameters ahead of time and it's intentionally not done because it consumes memory and processing for no good reason. Instead sonar creates parameters only after you change the value of a parameter in the instrument.

If you really want all parameters go into learn mode in the synth UI and then choose a preset in the synth or reset the patch. This will trigger creation of the parameters and you will get a warning message if there are a large number is parameters.

Many instruments expose thousands of parameters and exposing them all at once will consume unnecessary resources.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

There is no need to add envelopes or activate all synth parameters ahead of time and it's intentionally not done because it consumes memory and processing for no good reason. Instead sonar creates parameters only after you change the value of a parameter in the instrument.

If you really want all parameters go into learn mode in the synth UI and then choose a preset in the synth or reset the patch. This will trigger creation of the parameters and you will get a warning message if there are a large number is parameters.

Many instruments expose thousands of parameters and exposing them all at once will consume unnecessary resources.

In this way you can easily select 30 or 35 parameters (of maybe 700) and then edit them as envelopes. For me a way to avoid a lot of mouse clicks and time...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Astraios said:

In this way you can easily select 30 or 35 parameters (of maybe 700) and then edit them as envelopes. For me a way to avoid a lot of mouse clicks and time...

What I also want to ask you is, why doesn't this method work with plug-ins (that aren't set as synths)?

I came across this issue because I was somehow trying to load the parameters (20 or 30) for the QuadCurve Eq as an automation preset into the instrument track.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter whether you select 5 parameters or 100. It cannot remember the selection without restarting the project. well, I would say that could perhaps be improved...

Edited by Astraios

• 1 month later...

Sonar2021dynamicplugin.thumb.png.d02855d552bd2269fde063362f34c94e.png

Ah, I have to read the optimization announcements more carefully... I was surprised because all the parameters used to be listed in the same way as in Synth Rack. The whole topic with the Synth and Plugin parameters and the automation + midi remote (midi learn) is not really well documented   🤡