The Lover's Waltz

RexRed

I just made this song!

This song is free to download!

Enjoy Cakewalk Peeps!

If you cannot find the download link look here http://trexred.com (scroll down the page, click the cloud icons to download the mp3s)

RexRed

Edited by RexRed
  • Like 4

Beautiful song Rex, and very well done production. The melody stays with me after a couple of hours which earns you a big thumbs up from me.

Which fiddle vst is that, assuming it is a vsti?

-Bjorn

• Like 1

This is one of your best piece’s I have listened to !! you have that amazing full vocal sound that sounds very professionally recorded. Rich and warm. 
Here is a few artifacts that I hear you might have missed. 
2:00. Something sounds weird in either the bass or the left harmony. Like a not quite right note of the scale. 
2:26 a lip smack? Some upper frequency artifacts

2:48 missing bass note? Also 3:14 and 3:40 
3:07 time seems to jump, at least the bass does. It does it again at 3:33 or is this a push? Anyhow it sounds odd.  
3:44 another lip smack or digital artifact? 
Otherwise super enjoyable listen ? 

• Like 1

Have to say ...

Really have to say .. your best stuff yet to date( IMHO ) .

Yep there are a few things ( John has alluded to ) but I would just listen and enjoy this song over and over .. the fiddle sounds just right and vocal is second to none for this genre of country .. thanks for the post ..really liked it  .. well done sir! ?

Steve SRM

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, John Vere said:

This is one of your best piece’s I have listened to !! you have that amazing full vocal sound that sounds very professionally recorded. Rich and warm. 
Here is a few artifacts that I hear you might have missed. 
2:00. Something sounds weird in either the bass or the left harmony. Like a not quite right note of the scale. 
2:26 a lip smack? Some upper frequency artifacts

2:48 missing bass note? Also 3:14 and 3:40 
3:07 time seems to jump, at least the bass does. It does it again at 3:33 or is this a push? Anyhow it sounds odd.  
3:44 another lip smack or digital artifact? 
Otherwise super enjoyable listen ? 

Thanks for your detailed critique John!

I will look into each of your issues and I will post back when the song has been updated.

And thanks for all of the other really nice compliments peeps!

I think back on all of the music influences in my life and owe them a lot of credit for the styles I have adopted.

I am bought to tears often when I hear them and find myself thankful for their contribution to this musical journey.

💗

On 7/22/2024 at 5:35 PM, bjornpdx said:

Beautiful song Rex, and very well done production. The melody stays with me after a couple of hours which earns you a big thumbs up from me.

Which fiddle vst is that, assuming it is a vsti?

-Bjorn

I do not believe that is a VST Fiddle, I got the core of this song from YouTube Music, a service that YouTube offers free to content creators.

The song had a lot of timing issues because it was recorded loosely, maybe to a metronome, and I had to stretch and squish each bar till it fit perfectly into Cakewalk's tempo.

This did leave a few artifacts but the little jam was so nice and authentic that I felt I needed to give it some love.

I wrote words while I chopped it up and rearranged parts and copied and pasted until I had a whole song.

So it was kind of already melded into a whole and I was stuck with it as is, to some degree.

I think that is a real fiddle player. This was one of the things that drew me to this ditty, the raw real feel of live music.