Freezing tracks when the disk is full

I am having to freeze all the tracks in this group of projects, and I've run out of disk space. I want to pick up where I left off with the freezing, and understand that I can change the folder for Audio Data in Preferences for the Global Audio Folder, but I'm worried about a few things:

1. Having tracks within a single project with the frozen audio in completely different places

2. The disk filled up. So it has very little space for anything. Maybe I should un-freeze a handful of tracks just so I have some headroom locally, and re-freeze them after I change the drive?

3.  I'm (hopefully soon) going to be archiving this entire project kit and kaboodle. How can I cause all the frozen audio data to come along with the project when I do this?

Best not to save projects to C drive. 
Hard drives are very reasonable priced. 
You open the project and use Save as and put it in the data drive.  
Make sure you check Copy Audio with project. 
You should have these projects backed up to a couple of data drives by now. 
The last place on earth is the global audio folder. That is a sure fire way to get in trouble and loose stuff.  

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you. I'm sorry I posted this question.  I know how and why to back things up. I know how to shop on Amazon. I had reasons for doing things the way I did months ago. I'll figure out a solution on my own.

Edited by jkoseattle

If a disc is close to full, definitely consider transferring about 10% of that to another drive (even temporarily). There are system and app temp files that need places to go, so that will stress your system if you get over 90%, especially on the C drive.