Do YOU want your MTV?

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

There's nothing wrong with watching TV. It's a great escape.

And yet, therein lies the problem!  I'm going to be creating shirts with my favorite mantra on it which is this: "Moderation in everything except moderation!"

While it can be a great escape, too much of it detaches one from reality and we end up with the clown world we currently have because everyone is distracted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

got in a band at 13 and played out till I was 28 every weekend. I don't ever recall even turning on our TV during that period

It was simpler for me, except my wife watched TV while I sat there with my guitar and practiced runs/exercises. When MTV came on that's all we would watch. 

4 hours ago, craigb said:

too much of it detaches one from reality and we end up with the clown world we currently have because everyone is distracted.

Or too stupid to realize somebody trying to manipulate/convince you. Especially the commercials!!

On 7/23/2024 at 10:50 AM, craigb said:

I'm going to be creating shirts with my favorite mantra on it which is this: "Moderation in everything except moderation!"

I like that.

However, I'll make an exception with my career though.  But then, I also really enjoy what I do for a living.

Notes ♫

27 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

I like that.

However, I'll make an exception with my career though.  But then, I also really enjoy what I do for a living.

Notes ♫

In other areas that feel more like "jobs" than fun, it was always:

"You spend the first half of your career trying to become the person a company can't do without!  Then you spend the second half of your career trying to lose that designation!"  ?

Technically, I don't work for anyone but myself. Indirectly, I work for the people who purchase my entertainment services, but I don't take direct orders from them. 

My career is also my hobby. My work is my bliss. I got lucky.

Notes ♫

• Like 1