We ❤ Cakewalk: A friendly petition for a more flexible licensing model

There are many of us here – musicians, producers and others – who use, depend on and love Sonar/Cakewalk.

And the currently subscription-only licensing model is not in line with our needs, wants or preferences, whether we're professionals, semi-professionals or hobbyists. We would humbly ask for a "perpetual license" alternative to be added. (And adjusting these kind of business decisions is most certainly not unprecedented: in 2023 exactly this was done by industry giants Avid for the ProTools DAW and Waves for all their plugins in response to user feedback.)

Sign this petition with "I ❤ Cakewalk" to show that you need another way - a non-subscription "perpetual" option - to be able to continue showing your love and support for this amazing product.

Here's hoping for a more flexible future!

I ❤ Cakewalk

PS. I am not seeking to be the least confrontational or negative. On the contrary, by this post I just want to express my (decades!) long dedication for this software and to show that I need another way to do that than what is currently available.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, GreenLight said:

There are many of us here – musicians, producers and others – who use, depend on and love Sonar/Cakewalk.

And the currently subscription-only licensing model is not in line with our needs, wants or preferences, whether we're professionals, semi-professionals or hobbyists. We would humbly ask for a "perpetual license" alternative to be added. (And adjusting these kind of business decisions is most certainly not unprecedented: in 2023 exactly this was done by industry giants Avid for the ProTools DAW and Waves for all their plugins in response to user feedback.)

Sign this petition with "I ❤ Cakewalk" to show that you need another way - a non-subscription "perpetual" option - to be able to continue showing your love and support for this amazing product.

Here's hoping for a more flexible future!

I ❤ Cakewalk

PS. I am not seeking to be the least confrontational or negative. On the contrary, by this post I just want to express my (decades!) long dedication for this software and to show that I need another way to do that than what is currently available.

Welcome aboard?, I wrote the same thing the day after the release of Sonar, I'm happy that we are more and more.

Greetings

• Like 3

I would appreciate an option that lets me protect my investment at some point, If I don't want to (or can't afford to) continue paying monthly or yearly down the road. Whether that is a one-time license option, or an amount of time vested based on purchases to that point. Something to that effect.

• Like 4

IMHO the sentiment has already been expressed in no uncertain terms, and wil become a data point as Bandlab continues to make decisions based on their own business models and future plans. I recommend remembering that "always in motion is the future," and leave it at that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1