Synthesizer V Studio 1.11.2b2 (Jul 11, 2024)

locrian

So do you dudes use this? and if so, how long would you say it would take you just to make a reasonable scratch/place holder vocal, you know, something that you are happy with without going to say extreme for something you might publish etc. I just don't want to go down a rabbit hole of time and take to much time away from everything else, I understand it will take time, but is it much worse in that respect than say programing drums or bass ?

It sounds pretty awesome to me, but I guess the people who made the demo songs aren't just hacks at the app, and who knows how much time they spent on it.

There was another one that I was looking at, but it gets ruled out because of the cloud processing thingy bit, and from what I understand this is all done on your system that's right?

5 hours ago, Han Solo said:

So do you dudes use this? and if so, how long would you say it would take you just to make a reasonable scratch/place holder vocal, you know, something that you are happy with without going to say extreme for something you might publish etc. I just don't want to go down a rabbit hole of time and take to much time away from everything else, I understand it will take time, but is it much worse in that respect than say programing drums or bass ?

It sounds pretty awesome to me, but I guess the people who made the demo songs aren't just hacks at the app, and who knows how much time they spent on it.

There was another one that I was looking at, but it gets ruled out because of the cloud processing thingy bit, and from what I understand this is all done on your system that's right?

I think it sounds great out of the box. I didn't have this expectation vs. reality effect that I had with some other plugins, like orchestral VSTi where my own results sound nothing like the demo.

It's quite easy to use. Draw or import MIDI notes and write the lyrics. Or even easier, record yourself singing and let Synthesizer V convert it to synthetic voice. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Han Solo said:

So do you dudes use this? and if so, how long would you say it would take you just to make a reasonable scratch/place holder vocal, you know, something that you are happy with without going to say extreme for something you might publish etc. 

I use it mainly for writing and find it very useful in fitting words and melody together, I am not singer and it helps me realise what is in my head a lot faster.

I get it to the point where I can produce a guide vocal to send to a singer and leave it at that. One of my singers finds that useful.

One could go deeper and improve the result but I don't have the need.

Most words come out OK and some need phonetic spelling. The odd word just won't come out right, but I think there are some tools to address this if you dig deep.

A bit of niggle for me is if I export MIDI and import into a track on Studio One the notes and lyrics are offset. I like to have a track with notes and lyrics to send with other selected parts to Notion to produce lead sheets so more editing is needed.

• Thanks 1

Awesome, thank you both. Vernon I will be using it for a much similar purpose as yourself.

As a Studio One user myself I'll climb that tree when I get there.

Thanks again to both of you ?