How Would I Uninstall Sonar? (Temporarily)

I plan to discontinue my membership with Bandlab temporarily until a promo comes along that I can take advantage of sometime in the future.  When I do that I would like Sonar to be removed from my system leaving only Cakewalk by Bandlab.  When I check the product center all I see listed is Cakewalk Next (which I haven't even installed) and Cakewalk by Bandlab, which I want to keep.

What do I need to do to uninstall Sonar?  I could probably do it via Windows Add/Remove programs but I don't want to take the chance of making it difficult to reinstall it later if I would rejoin Bandlab.

Thanks

?John B

I'd just leave it. CbB and Sonar coexist without issue and it's not taking up very much space.
Add/Remove works, and a reinstall shouldn't be a problem.
Perhaps one of IT more savvy will chime in and set you up if any info I've given is wrong...

t

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

I plan to discontinue my membership with Bandlab temporarily until a promo comes along that I can take advantage of sometime in the future.  When I do that I would like Sonar to be removed from my system leaving only Cakewalk by Bandlab.  When I check the product center all I see listed is Cakewalk Next (which I haven't even installed) and Cakewalk by Bandlab, which I want to keep.

What do I need to do to uninstall Sonar?  I could probably do it via Windows Add/Remove programs but I don't want to take the chance of making it difficult to reinstall it later if I would rejoin Bandlab.

Thanks

?John B

As @DeeringAmps said, the app itself isn't very large to leave in place, but the Add/Remove Programs in Windows launches our uninstaller. This leaves user personalized settings intact if you want to reinstall later (as it has for all previous SONAR or Cakewalk by BandLab installers). You'd just want to say no if prompted to remove shared files during the uninstall process. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Thanks.  My biggest concern leaving where it is  would be that I would launch it accidentally out of habit.

?John B

Just remove the desktop icon and change Windows to always open midi and CWP files with Cakewalk.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

There's a thread somewhere about how to do a proper full clean uninstall, so all of it's gone, including registry entries etc

Likely not necessary for the case of the OP, but we've got clean install instructions in our knowledge base. This version of the instructions is specific to CbB, but the same rules apply for Sonar if you wanted to do the full clean install: https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034066393-Clean-Install-Cakewalk-by-BandLab

• Like 1

Ya no need to bother with all that. Just do as I said above and it’s there if you ever want it. 
But that said there’s going to be a lot of updates coming so your copy will probably be way out of date. 
So I would just uninstall it using the Windows Apps list. Simple. 

I was going to do this myself as my monthly membership runs out tomorrow. But I grabbed the sale yearly plan by purchasing it under another user account.
I’ve gone to the dark side! But I have a whole year to relax and focus on recording. 

Just wanted to tell you that I cancelled my membership and uninstalled Sonar.  Very successful.  No glitch at all.  Only thing I had to do is go into Cakewalk Core to re associate the start up icon back to CbB.  Thanks for all the great tips.?

Now I just sit back and wait for a promo that I can take advantage of (whenever that rolls around).

?John B

Ya it’s too bad Noel told us in the 11th hour. I figured out how to get the sale price using the other log in. I only made a hint about it as I was not sure they would appreciate that.