TH-U Cakewalk edition

42 minutes ago, Alexey Batura said:

I've installed the latest version of Sonar from  https://www.cakewalk.com/sonar but I can't find the TH-U Cakewalk edition. What I'm doing wrong? How to install it?

Apologies Alexey, but TH-U Cakewalk has not been released yet. It will be in the forthcoming Sonar update. Please note that TH-U Cakewalk is locked to Sonar and Next and will not load in other hosts (including Cakewalk by BandLab). It won't impact anyone with a full license from Overloud. Thanks!

• Like 1

Overloud was one of the kind hearted vendors that took pity on us when Gibson shut down.  
if you asked they e mailed you a serial number. We  just needed to take a screenshot of our About screen which shows we had a legit license for Splat. 

2 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

if you had the previous version: Cakewalk by Bandlab TH-U -- that does work in both CW and Sonar. it may have been licensed during the older SPLAT days.

I think you are confusing TH3 with TH-U. The new Cakewalk TH-U bundle is a Sonar and Next exclusive and will not work with CbB. Unless as Jon mentioned you have a full license of THU from Overloud itself.
The latest update to Sonar which does include TH-U will likely go out sometime this week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Apologies Alexey, but TH-U Cakewalk has not been released yet. It will be in the forthcoming Sonar update. Please note that TH-U Cakewalk is locked to Sonar and Next and will not load in other hosts (including Cakewalk by BandLab). It won't impact anyone with a full license from Overloud. Thanks!

Thank you very much, you have clarified everything for me, now I understand that this is a roadmap for future updates. Just reading the thread I thought it was an announcement of updates that have already taken place. 

2 hours ago, Alexey Batura said:

Thank you very much, you have clarified everything for me, now I understand that this is a roadmap for future updates. Just reading the thread I thought it was an announcement of updates that have already taken place. 

It's the features through the forthcoming update, which as Noel said will be very soon. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, John Vere said:

Overloud was one of the kind hearted vendors that took pity on us when Gibson shut down.  
if you asked they e mailed you a serial number. We  just needed to take a screenshot of our About screen which shows we had a legit license for Splat. 

They also keep releasing free updates to TH-U with fixes and new components, so they're *really* one of the good guys!

Edited by Xoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm a big Overloud fan, love their reverbs especially. TH-U is my favourite amp simulator ( I have several) for getting bread and butter sounds quickly.

There's a sale on their website at the moment. For anyone who records acoustic guitars you might like to take a look at the 'BM Pro Acoustic' Rig Library. I want to go back and re-mix all my guitar tracks now! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I really like the Overloud stuff too. TH-U has become my go-to lately. There is a little amp in there called Metro. Hidden gem there.

The Mark Bass is still a bass sim I use a lot. Tried almost all of the Ampeg stuff from PA and UAD. To me that Mark Bass has the sound.

Spring Age is another of the hidden gems. 

• Like 1