VST is not recognized after upgrading to the latest version of Windows 11

On 7/8/2024 at 4:43 AM, jinchul kang said:

Windows 11 버전으로 업그레이드한 후에는 VST, VSTi가 인식되지 않습니다.

Hi! Have you tried performing a VST scan after the update? Ensure that your scan file path is routed to the correct folders incase the new installation changes folder options.

Here's our help center article for your reference - https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034722693-Using-the-VST-Scanner

Before automatically upgrading to the latest version of Windows 11, the VST scan worked well. It's done. It doesn't work even if you scan it countless times. Restoration as of June If you do this, it will be recognized for a while. Windows is automatically upgraded. It is not recognized again. There seems to be a conflict between Cake and the latest upgraded version of Windows 11. Please solve it quickly.

On 7/14/2024 at 10:27 AM, jinchul kang said:

Before automatically upgrading to the latest version of Windows 11, the VST scan worked well. It's done. It doesn't work even if you scan it countless times. Restoration as of June If you do this, it will be recognized for a while. Windows is automatically upgraded. It is not recognized again. There seems to be a conflict between Cake and the latest upgraded version of Windows 11. Please solve it quickly.

Can't say I have seen this, installed 3 new instruments and an FX in the last week without issues. I only install VST 3 plugins these days.

Have you tried a reset and rescan. Make sure no VST 2 are in your VST 3 directory or VST3 in your VST 2 as the scanner ignores plugins installed in the wrong directory. 

maybe re-install Sonar or CbB because the Win11 update may have overwritten a library needed. whilst the MS DLL should be backwards compatible, and maybe API-wise it is, the implementation details unfortunately aren't always consistent. i make it a point to re-install (and/or run the redistributables) after each significant Windows update. 

as far as "wrong directory" - i have some VST3 that the plugin installer dropped into the Cakewalk\VSTPlugins and was installed correctly. and i have some VST2 that, likewise, got installed into the Common Files\VST3 folder, also installed fine. for the most part, as far as i can tell, CW did not design the scanner to care about location of a DLL or VST3 file, as long as the location was in the plugin manager list of places to scan.