Cakewalk Sonar, I like it so far

First off mono external inserts, been asking for years, thank you!

The amber for Offset mode is a nice touch, and the "snappiness" of the GIU and the DPI enhancements. The routing possibilities are almost too much

Any talk with SSL to integrate the VST3 and midi controls with the SSl controls UF1, UF8, UFC 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad you like Sonar. BTW mono external inserts will be in the upcoming release next week.

Re SSL are you referring to their channel strip plugins? Not sure what integration you mean. If it's vst3 they should work like any other plug-in. We support the channel context vst extensions so if they support it, it should work. That's how softube etc do it in Sonar.

Hey Noel, thanks for the response.

and good to connect again, we had some fun late night with bamidi and bobs leather pants?

Yes this is a welcome upgrade I didn't know I needed, the DPI thig is a game changer, I can finally see

I used it today for a vocal session and it worked flawlessly, a couple of things were hard to find at first( and that was user error)

Thanks for the heads up about mono external inserts, I've waited this long I can wait a while longer. Bob once gave me a patch that I could o it with but that computer is long gone,

For the SSL software, I am referring to the 36o link, that controls the SSL controllers.

https://solidstatelogic.com/products/ssl-360

I've been able to get them to work through using the "studio one" preset. and with the Mackie controller settings in Sonar, but not all common SSL functions work. From all of my research SSL is willing to work with company's to accommodate their controller protocols 

If you want discuss privately, I'm game. 

Thanks

Tom

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom Jacobs said:

I've been able to get them to work through using the "studio one" preset. and with the Mackie controller settings in Sonar, but not all common SSL functions work. From all of my research SSL is willing to work with company's to accommodate their controller protocols 

I had a look at the UF8 user guide, and it looks like it should work with CbB/Sonar as follows:

• Set the UF8 to Cubase using the MCU protocol
  • Add the UF8 as a Mackie Control Surface
  • Go to Utilities->Mackie Control 1  and set the protocol to "Cubase Mode"
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom Jacobs said:

Hey Noel, thanks for the response.

and good to connect again, we had some fun late night with bamidi and bobs leather pants?

Yes this is a welcome upgrade I didn't know I needed, the DPI thig is a game changer, I can finally see

I used it today for a vocal session and it worked flawlessly, a couple of things were hard to find at first( and that was user error)

Thanks for the heads up about mono external inserts, I've waited this long I can wait a while longer. Bob once gave me a patch that I could o it with but that computer is long gone,

For the SSL software, I am referring to the 36o link, that controls the SSL controllers.

https://solidstatelogic.com/products/ssl-360

If you want discuss privately, I'm game. 

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom please send me an email or PM.

Yes I think you will like the EI enhancements even besides mono outs.

It was sad to lose Billy. Passionate guy.