Melda MPluginManager Walkthrough Video

Larry Shelby

Don't like it! Like almost all installation managers it has 100% focus on online installation! Meh! I hope it is still possible to install by the old way!

The 2nd thing I wonder is why they ask you to close your "door" during installation! ?

30 minutes ago, joeletters said:

Melda stated on KVR that offline will still be a thing

From my understanding you can install the old way but only v16.11 and the old content install app it seems that it isnt available anymore

this new manager wont install on my Mac… so i am waiting that they iron out most of the bugs to try again

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

i am waiting that they iron out most of the bugs to try again

Same here, I'm not going anywhere near it for a while yet!  Everything is working lovely as it is just now.

Edited by joeletters
  • Great Idea 1

This may be a precursor to being able to deploy only required updates rather than downloading the whole gambit (~700MB) each update, but not sure. I still like how slick and fast the XLN Installer runs.... just updates what is needs updating and is done. Historically all Melda plugins get updated in tandem, but for folks who do not own them all, the 700MB per update is a bit much. We'll see how this plays out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mettelus said:

This may be a precursor to being able to deploy only required updates rather than downloading the whole gambit (~700MB) each update, but not sure. I still like how slick and fast the XLN Installer runs.... just updates what is needs updating and is done. Historically all Melda plugins get updated in tandem, but for folks who do not own them all, the 700MB per update is a bit much. We'll see how this plays out.

I guess you never had to deal with Amplitude and Tonex updates.