MOVEMENT/ASSIGNMENT OF VALUES ON THE CONSOLE

Is there a way to assign a value to the level control of sends other than just via mouse/slider?

I ask why we can change the volume level by double clicking on its value and entering it with the keyboard.

In my perception/usability I believed that, just as I assign volume level values with 2 clicks and a keyboard, this would also be possible at the level of sends or other controls.

Any tips on how to do it without having to drag the mouse?

image.png.fe2e2f84c911c2833616c3f0290a757e.png

27 minutes ago, Giorgio Gabriel said:

You can also single click the send pot and get the focus of that.

Now with the + and - on the keyboard you can adjust the value....

Giorgio

thanks, but I still think, even though this operation works, it would be much more "intelligible" if I could double-click on the control, the edit box that only appears as a tooltip would open for typing the value.

On 7/4/2024 at 8:16 AM, Milton Sica said:

Is there a way to assign a value to the level control of sends other than just via mouse/slider?

Click the control to give it focus, then press F2. You can then type a value.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Thanks ! This is working, but are documented ?
Can you talk were can i found more information about...

F2 has worked that way in so many programs for a very long time, so I would say that’s the industry standard for entering edit mode. Microsoft Excel, for instance. Tab to any cell containing a value, press F2 and see what happens. Or, Windows File Manager; focus on a file name and press F2. Same thing.

Edited by Canopus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Canopus said:

F2 has worked that way in so many programs for a very long time, so I would say that’s the industry standard for entering edit mode. Microsoft Excel, for instance. Tab to any cell containing a value, press F2 and see what happens. Or, Windows File Manager; focus on a file name and press F2. Same thing.

Thank you very much for your help and clarification, but I still believe that the application should provide documentation for easy access to these resources. The application's default shortcut keys, for example, are documented, but note that the F2 key tells you that it has no assignment, when, in fact, it is, as you said, "market standard" or Windows standard .

So, in this and other cases, I think it would be much more and better documented if, instead of informing that the F2 key has no assignment in the DAW, it had the information: F2 = Default assignment of the standard Windows key system or other.

This will lead me to seek to know what are the default values used by Windows, because if I implement an analogy I must believe that the other keys said to be unassigned in the DAW remain with their Windows behaviors.

image.png.215978af74546983df05fb91377823b0.png

Ah, but note that the V key also doesn't have an assignment. That is the standard shortcut for Paste. A very common shortcut indeed. I use plenty of different software apps and many shortcuts seem to be universal to all.  Like CTRL A = select all and CTRL S = Save. 

Screenshot (223).png

I think the point was even though some keys are not on the list they still function because they are part of windows and often require CTRL as well. I actually assigned the V key to save. It’s handy right in the middle. 

Posted (edited)

I used to be much more of a perfectionist on documentation (I got it along with some so-called "advanced degrees"), but now it doesn't bother me that some standards/conventions are not enumerated.  Still, I can understand the point.  Towards that end, if anyone is compiling a list, F11 is also unassigned in the Shortcuts/Key Binding Tool and as many know Windows uses F11 to switch the display to "Full Screen" mode for which Cakewalk/Sonar also provides a button (next to the Workspaces dropdown field) for mouse clickers and people who have F11 assigned to something else. 

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo

2 hours ago, pwal³ said:

WASD ?

You might want to inform people as to what you’re talking about, the icon is perhaps a clue.  I.m sure it was clever to just give that answer, but for the uninformed maybe go further ?

J

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Morten Saether said:

http://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=CakewalkSonar&language=3&help=Inspectors.1.html

Scroll down to "To enter values in inspectors".

It's a standard Windows edit/rename shortcut.

Thanks, but this don't working in ProChannel. The control receive focus and F2 don't open de text box to insert values.

Another thing it's that on the console view CTRL-HOME and CTRL-END don't reposioning on the start or the end off the view.