Maybe a deal? How did I get Halion Sonic7?

Bapu

I have Halion Sonic 7 installed and it appears to be fully operational both as standalone and VST. It shows up in my Steiny Dolwload Manger as an Instrument.

Where/how did I get this product if not through Steinberg?

The reason I ask is the latest promotion includes a $49 upgrade to Halion 7. I got the code but Steiny DL Manager says it's an upgrade for a product I don't own. HUH??!!???

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I have Halion Sonic 7 installed and it appears to be fully operational both as standalone and VST. It shows up in my Steiny Dolwload Manger as an Instrument.

The reason I ask is the latest promotion includes a $49 upgrade to Halion 7. I got the code but Steiny DL Manager says it's an upgrade for a product I don't own. HUH??!!???

Is it showing under "My Products"?  That's where it counts.  All of the Instruments show up under "instruments"
even if you don't own them.  I have Halion Sonic 7 under "My Products"

Edited by cclarry

22 hours ago, Bapu said:

i did not receive any promo to upgrade from free sonic halion 7 to halion 7 for $49

is it generic code, or are you going to use it? thx

18 minutes ago, Vst0nE said:

i did not receive any promo to upgrade from free sonic halion 7 to halion 7 for $49

is it generic code, or are you going to use it? thx

As determined above, there is no path for Free HALion Sonic 7 to HALion 7 for $49. It's for HALion Sonic 7 Collection to HALion 7 (full).

I misread the requirements. Steiny refunded the $49.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Bapu said:

As determined above, there is no path for Free HALion Sonic 7 to HALion 7 for $49. It's for HALion Sonic 7 Collection to HALion 7 (full).

I misread the requirements. Steiny refunded the $49.

Uninstalled!

Edited by Yan Filiatrault
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 6

I found a boxed version of HALion Sonic 2 at a local music store during BF2021 for around $30, which got updated to HALion Sonic 3 upon activation. And yesterday I upgraded from HALion Sonic 3 to HALion 7 for $75, so I've paid roughly $100 for the full version. It seems pretty powerful from what I’ve seen so far, so I can't complain.

HALion7.thumb.jpg.b86f9178c2f80e5c17536ae347637eb6.jpg

• Like 4

HALion must be one hell of a beast. Because I've got this colleague who basically only has HALion. And he's totally unaffected by GAS. He says he's got all that he needs with HALion. I'm so impressed. What kind of software manages to defeat GAS? How is that possible? Or does my colleague just have super powers?

• Like 2