Question; What TWO UAudio Plugins???

Simeon Amburgey

So, with TODAY (June 30) being the last day it seems I can use my $25 vouchers, I am wondering what TWO UAudio plugins would be MUST HAVES?
I already have the Essentials and Producer Bundles, along with Capitol Chambers. I mainly wanted the Producer Bundle for the instruments ;^)
There is a $25 voucher in my account without a price limitation so that could be used on the $76 bundle, so trying to see if there are TWO plugins that are must haves.

Thanks so much for the feedback. It might be the case I have everything I need, but we all know how that works out.

Joyfully yours,
Simeon

Edited by Simeon Amburgey
  • Like 4

@Simeon Amburgey Way off this topic, but since you posted, I thought I'd chime in. I just got finished watching your YT video on the Orange Tree Indie Rock library today, and I'd just like to let you know what a pleasure it is to watch your stream of consciousness videos and to simply  watch/listen to you play.   Another standout video for me, that got me to buy the product, was IK's Shipwreck Piano. Your musicianship is astounding and inspiring - thank you for sharing with us!  🙏

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

@Simeon Amburgey I don't have it, but a few forum members have enthusiastically recommended Sound City Studios. I think it's worth demoing.  What do you think of Capitol Chambers? The audio demos sound gorgeous; I especially like it on piano (I have to download the demo plugin and try it for myself,  but you know a lot more about this stuff than me, so I'm interested in your opinion). 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mibby said:

@Simeon Amburgey Way off this topic, but since you posted, I thought I'd chime in. I just got finished watching your YT video on the Orange Tree Indie Rock library today, and I'd just like to let you know what a pleasure it is to watch your stream of consciousness videos and to simply  watch/listen to you play.   Another standout video for me, that got me to buy the product, was IK's Shipwreck Piano. Your musicianship is astounding and inspiring - thank you for sharing with us!  🙏

Mibby,
It is truly a pleasure.
One of the main reasons I prefer going live is that I am committed ;^) It also allows me to capture really special moments as well, and the idea of being able to share these experiences with such an amazing community just puts more wind in my Joyful Journey sails.
I am trying to manage things so haven't been on as regularly as I have been but I look forward to seeing you on a possibly upcoming livestream.
Thanks again,
Simeon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Simeon Amburgey I don't have it, but a few forum members have enthusiastically recommended Sound City Studios. I think it's worth demoing.  What do you think of Capitol Chambers? The audio demos sound gorgeous; I especially like it on piano (I have to download the demo plugin and try it for myself,  but you know a lot more about this stuff than me, so I'm interested in your opinion). 

Got it!
I just need to explore it a bit more but from my early tests, it sounds gorgeous.
Capital Chambers for me is one of my favorites!

Joyfully!

• Thanks 1

FTR, I'm newer to the UAD ecosystem and have wanted a UAD Manley plugin for years, ever since watching some Mick Guzauski videos on UAD stuff. The Manely VoxBox is awesome and unique to UAD as far as I know - and super versatile!  I've even use it on my bass.  :)

Edited by mibby
  • Like 4

@Simeon Amburgey

I would also say Sound City. And the Manley VoxBox. Already got the latter, as well as the first Producer Bundle, especially for the instruments (as you did). 
Had been thinking to get the Signature Edition including 44 native plugins (of which I already have 11) because of its compatibility with the Softube Console 1. 
But I decided not to, as I already have the Slate VMR rack and too many other emulations. And I don’t like UA’s bundle policy, not allowing for upgrades, as I dislike paying for the same plugins all over again  

But yeah, the Manley VoxBox and Sound City are quite unique (as is Capitol Chambers). Just not sure I’d give more than $15 each for them. 
Maybe I’ll get more (free) with their upcoming interfaces. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mibby said:

FTR, I'm newer to the UAD ecosystem and have wanted a UAD Manley plugin for years, ever since watching some Mick Guzauski videos on UAD stuff. The Manely VoxBox is awesome and unique to UAD as far as I know - and super versatile!  I've even use it on my bass.  :)

I didn't know that Simeon did a video on Evolution Indie. Cool. I'm watching now.  @Simeon Amburgey When you say that Orange Tree Samples reached out to you, I know that Greg (the head of OTS) have discussed how we both enjoy your playing and videos (Greg us also a superb pianist -- as well as a superb bassist, who went to college for,  I believe jazz piano performance).  I'm so used to watching you play piano libraries,  I can't even recall the last video I saw of you playing a guitar library. Watching now. Very cool! I'm a huge user of Evolution guitar libraries (and I've advised them too) and love it! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Simeon, for me, I love that API Vision Channel strip more than I thought I would. Next is the Helios channel strip. Then the SSL's and Neve's. And that is not in any particular order.

The Manley Vox Box is great. As is the Avalon Channel strip.  

Guitar amps? Both Suhr amps (PT100 & SE100) are really good. 

Digital Reverb is the king Lexicon 224. Love that thing!!

Don't overlook the Sonnox Inflator. Sweet, really sweet! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You mentioned the instruments; if you don't have the Electra88 and Waterfall, they're my favourite Rhodes & Hammond, respectively, although I don't care for Ravel.

If you already have those, I think it's the reverbs that are standouts. Capitol Chambers for sure, and like Grem, the Lex 224 is pretty great.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

You don’t need it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

You don’t need it. 

I don't need any of this. None of us hobbyists do. It's only purpose is to bring us a little joy.

I'm not sure why you keep following my posts and posting things like "you don't need it." (You've done that several times.) You can post that about most of us. Why single me out?

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I don't need any of this. None of us hobbyists do. It's only purpose is to bring us a little joy.

I'm not sure why you keep following my posts and posting things like "you don't need it." (You've done that several times.) You can post that about most of us. Why single me out?

Because you said you appreciated it. Same as I appreciate jngnz :). Just get it. 

Edited by MrFigg

2 hours ago, MrFigg said:

👍

Just to add a little humor to this, part of me was thinking I set you up for a great opportunity to reply:

"I wrote 'you don't need it,' after clicking on your SoundCloud link and hearing some of your recordings." 

It would have been savage, although a fairly legit point. 

Peace✌️ 

46 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Just to add a little humor to this, part of me was thinking I set you up for a great opportunity to reply:

"I wrote 'you don't need it,' after clicking on your SoundCloud link and hearing some of your recordings." 

It would have been savage, although a fairly legit point. 

Peace✌️ 

Well...

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I was just being polite. 

:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

It would have been savage

Gee, Peter.

A comment like that could also be taken as "you don't need it because your recordings already sound fantastic."

Remember how I did that with your assertions that you have a crappy singing voice? I would love to have a voice with that character. I think my singing voice is kinda bland by comparison.

• Like 1