Is Auto-tune region FX compatible with Cakewalk and Sonar?

Carlos Pérez

Question

5 answers to this question

Frustrated by the inability to make regionFX work for autotune under Cakewalk I may have found a way to work around this bug. Let me show:

Step 1: first I created a new project in cakewalk and an audio track:See first picture.
Step 2: then I created a region FX for Autotune see second picture. nothing works at this point in Autotune.

Step 3: But still: save the file and close Cakewalk

Step 4: When you have a look at the taskmanager, you see Cakewalk is still active even after you have closed it,  Close Cakewalk now in the taskmanager (or do a restart).

Step 5: Open Cakewalk once again . Now you see the audio in Autotune and you can work with it as aspected.

deel 1.png

deel 2.png

deel 3.png

deel 4.png

deel 5.png

deel 6.png

Edited by RonaldPB

couple of thoughts - you might exclude your CW from your A/V and make sure any cloud services are not conflicting with the app and any plugins which might use say OneDrive for caching etc. have 40 A/V instances running is not a great thing...

if the Autotune isn't able to use ARA then region FX may be limited to the plugin handling of the separation files etc used to keep memory under control and the overhead within the DAW.

Once Auto-Tune is open in Multidock, try reclicking on the Track View clip for the audio to appear.  I often have to do this with Melodyne.

From Auto-Tune:

DAW Compatibility

Windows

Ableton Live (VST3)
Cubase (VST3)
FL Studio (VST3)
Nuendo (VST3)
Pro Tools (AAX)
Reason (VST3)
Studio One (VST3)

Please note: Our plug-ins may be compatible with other DAWs not listed here that support 64-bit AU or VST3 plug-ins, but they have not been tested nor approved.