Is there a way to "try" the new Sonar on the same system as the free CBL before committing to the subscription?

On 6/29/2024 at 1:03 AM, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Why not? Autosave has bitten me more than once. Just get into the habit of hitting ctrl + s frequently

What's the difference in speed? They seem the same to me, the regular save and the autosave are equally painfully slow.

Also when i uninstalled the New Sonar demo it uninstalled some old plugins with it like channel tools.

10 hours ago, Green Needle said:

What's the difference in speed? They seem the same to me, the regular save and the autosave are equally painfully slow.

Also when i uninstalled the New Sonar demo it uninstalled some old plugins with it like channel tools.

If saving is as slow as you say, using either method, then this indicates to me there is something fundamentally wrong with your system.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Green Needle said:

No, it has been the same across a couple computers, They are big projects is all, some live shows, some sessions with multiple songs.

I have a few monster projects. Four or five full orchestra mockups with 135 tracks each, a couple of album projects which run to nearly 2 hours.

Admittedly, plugin counts on these is pretty low, but saving is nearly instantaneous.

I have many other projects of 60/70 tracks with multiple busses & plugins and save times are similar.

Like @Glenn Stanton said above - where are the files stored on your system(s)

I find save time is mostly dependent on the number of edits in audio tracks. Extremely dense MIDI data can also contribute. The actual length of the project time wise doesn't really matter.

Say for example you had 8 tracks of unedited audio, of let's say a two hour concert. The project file for that is tiny, just eight track numbers / names and start times, more or less. And the save time will be really quick.

Where on my audiobook work, I can often have a single track of audio with hundreds of tiny edits over a half hour chapter, and that will save significantly slower.

IMG_8302.MOV

IMG_8302.MOV 

3 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

where are the files stored across these systems? NAS? 

On a separate hard drive from the OS, What is NAS?

See attached pic......I use the 'Main Recording Drive' for most projects

Also i attached a vid of the save time which isn't toooooo bad in this project compared to some.

IMG_8301.jpg

Edited by Green Needle
added vid of save speed

2 hours ago, John T said:

I find save time is mostly dependent on the number of edits in audio tracks. Extremely dense MIDI data can also contribute. The actual length of the project time wise doesn't really matter.

Say for example you had 8 tracks of unedited audio, of let's say a two hour concert. The project file for that is tiny, just eight track numbers / names and start times, more or less. And the save time will be really quick.

Where on my audiobook work, I can often have a single track of audio with hundreds of tiny edits over a half hour chapter, and that will save significantly slower.

Yes i suspect the same here as it is when the comping and edits are taking place that it slows down a lot.