FL Studio 2024.1 released. Always a deal

ralfrobert

4 hours ago, jngnz said:

There's not a single remotely convincing argument in here,

so lets see. things i like about it since i switched. working with drum midi is really neat and fast. drag the midi from GA or Kontact or whatever.. into a pattern and you have a 4 bar pattern. tweak it and then clone it 4 or 5 times. and then apply shortcuts to make variations of it. i use the below ones a lot. you launch them via keyboard shortcuts.  then you drag and drop by pattern variations into the playlist and then just keep pressing control+b to clone them. so basically, in less than a couple of minutes you can have a entire humanized drum track for a 4 or 5 min song with variations. i usually work with 1 or 2 patterns and  a whole bunch of fill patterns and clone them and make variations. thats usually my work flow.

https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-learning/fl-studio-online-manual/html/pianoroll_random.htm

https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-learning/fl-studio-online-manual/html/pianoroll_qnt.htm

https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-learning/fl-studio-online-manual/html/pianoroll_scale.htm

https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-learning/fl-studio-online-manual/html/basics_shortcuts.htm

The thing that I found annoying with Fl which took me a while to get my head around it is that there is no one way of doing things. there are multiple ways of achieving the same thing and you just need to decide or figure out which one is the one you want to use for yourself. And then things like a track in a playlist can contain anything and be mapped to anything and a track in a mixer can be mapped to anything and be moved around and linked to anything.  its confusing at first and it took a bit of head scratching to get around that idea that track 1 does not have to by mapped to track one all the time and you can keep moving it around to an other track and link it to anything and use it for anything.. from  audio track, to a midi track to a bus or mixer track to automation . super weird.. but once you jump over that obstacle its great to use.

Hey,

Just wondering, did anyone saw this?

$ 80 for 1 year access to FL Cloud and you get $ 50 coupon.

$ 100 for 1 year access to FL Cloud and you get $ 100 coupon.

I hate subscriptions, especially for plugins, but when the subscription comes with a voucher equals with what you pay, then I think it's a good deal.

You might take this into consideration if you plan on buying something from UVI, MeldaProduction, UnitedPlugins, or W. A. Production.

So basically, you can still get what you plan on getting but you also get 1 year FREE of FL Cloud.

Now I'm just wondering if this Rewards system, get's you another coupon the following year, when the subscription renews. Does anyone knows?

Screenshot2024-06-30at10_28_39.thumb.png.6f5d81fdca475ae534097206dc4c7bfa.png

Edited by Tianzii

4 hours ago, Tianzii said:

Hey,

Just wondering, did anyone saw this?

$ 80 for 1 year access to FL Cloud and you get $ 50 coupon.

$ 100 for 1 year access to FL Cloud and you get $ 100 coupon.

I hate subscriptions, especially for plugins, but when the subscription comes with a voucher equals with what you pay, then I think it's a good deal.

You might take this into consideration if you plan on buying something from UVI, MeldaProduction, UnitedPlugins, or W. A. Production.

So basically, you can still get what you plan on getting but you also get 1 year FREE of FL Cloud.

Now I'm just wondering if this Rewards system, get's you another coupon the following year, when the subscription renews. Does anyone knows?

Screenshot2024-06-30at10_28_39.thumb.png.6f5d81fdca475ae534097206dc4c7bfa.png

Are the 65+ plugins restricted for use inside FL Studio? Or are they the built in FL STUDIO Plugins that come with the DAW itself as opposed to 3rd party? 

AND that $100 voucher for 3rd party plugins. Any restrictions there?

EDIT - an ans in the FAQ:

Are the plugins supported in other DAWs?

Opening plugins in alternative DAWs will work, however if there are authorization issues with the plugin related to your FL Cloud subscription (e.g. end of trial, end of subscription, change in FL Cloud plan) there will be no error information displayed unless opening the plugins in FL Studio.

This deal annually sounds like a bit of a no brainer. This is the details of the plugins included in the 65+:

https://www.image-line.com/fl-cloud/whats-included/#plugins

Essentially its likes of Distrokid, Loopcloud, Cloud Storage, 65 plugins rolled into one.

Only caveat is it essentially works in Fl studio .. so maybe its a no brainer IF YOU ALREADY OWN FL STUDIO ( I do :D ) ..

But then you also have that FL STUDIO VSTi Plugin that loads FL inside say CAKEWALK. Here it is inside Cakewalk NEXT.

The FL Studio VSTi is loaded on a track in NEXT and then inside the FL STUDIO Window inside NEXT an FL STUDIO native synth loaded which is playable/recordable as Midi via midi keyboard on the NEXT track:

flstudioinCakewalkNEXT.thumb.jpg.24dad94ded3330541691970a33196e06.jpg

Edited by aidan o driscoll