Audiothing One Week Deal on Type A & Type B

cclarry

Somebody on the Audiothing Discord channel mentioned he used Type A on acoustic guitar. That's what made me interested. Just tried it and it certainly does nice things. Not sure I really need an exciter though. But then we're back to the classic..."it's only a tenner more for both."

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

‘Cause I only have Type B and it’s a mighty fine exciter. No need for Waves here. 
So I would appreciate you telling me about Type A :)

I can now tell you that I got it becasue it makes my acoustic guitar shine and shimmer. Beautiful overtones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/25/2024 at 1:59 PM, jngnz said:

I've read up on exciter plugins, but what are the real world scenarios you tend to use them in? I seem to recall an example being adding sparkle to an acoustic guitar. But do you just tend to try it when a mix is lacking luster or do you tend to try it whenever you have certain instruments in the mix to see how it can affect things? 

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I've read up on exciter plugins, but what are the real world scenarios you tend to use them in? I seem to recall an example being adding sparkle to an acoustic guitar. But do you just tend to try it when a mix is lacking luster or do you tend to try it whenever you have certain instruments in the mix to see how it can affect things? 

I sometimes put Overloud Dopamine (a similar Dolby-style plugin) on the master bus - it gives everything a nice sparkle. It's best used subtly though, or can lead to ear fatigue. I set it up to how it sounds good, and then back off a tiny bit. Then I wait a day or so for my ears to reset and then listen again to the mix.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I actually just got this and have no real experience with any other exciters either. I'm planning on trying it instead of EQ or saturation whenever I would usually go for some kind of high frequency boost. Just another flavour.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, jngnz said:

I actually just got this and have no real experience with any other exciters either. I'm planning on trying it instead of EQ or saturation whenever I would usually go for some kind of high frequency boost. Just another flavour.

Did you get the bundle?