Cakewalk Next Updated

Larry Shelby

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the BETA Program for NEXT. Up to last week or so it was listed in my Cakewalk Product Center .. no longer the case. No wgone.

I have that latest version installed still and it is still working, may do so for foreseeable but stuck at this new version perhaps OR it will become unusable.

Really like the simplicity of NEXT. I do hope it is offered as a reasonable priced stand alone offering at some point - will buy it

7 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I was on the BETA Program for NEXT. Up to last week or so it was listed in my Cakewalk Product Center .. no longer the case. No wgone.

I have that latest version installed still and it is still working, may do so for foreseeable but stuck at this new version perhaps OR it will become unusable.

Really like the simplicity of NEXT. I do hope it is offered as a reasonable priced stand alone offering at some point - will buy it

Same...it just disappeared from the Product Center.

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Same...it just disappeared from the Product Center.

@aidan o driscoll Your post intrigued Mr and so did yours, @cclarry. I know Larry is a longtime DAW user and I think you are too, Aidan. I'm interested in learning why you enjoyed NEXT over your regular DAWs and the workflows and features that make it compelling to each of you. Years ago, I did try out FruityLoops and Ableton and did find the change in approach could sometimes be inspiring and result in creating things I wouldn't create in Sonar, as I've always tended to use it as a multi track recorder and not really mess very much with MIDI on tracks I've recorded.  

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

@aidan o driscoll Your post intrigued Mr and so did yours, @cclarry. I know Larry is a longtime DAW user and I think you are too, Aidan. I'm interested in learning why you enjoyed NEXT over your regular DAWs and the workflows and features that make it compelling to each of you. Years ago, I did try out FruityLoops and Ableton and did find the change in approach could sometimes be inspiring and result in creating things I wouldn't create in Sonar, as I've always tended to use it as a multi track recorder and not really mess very much with MIDI on tracks I've recorded.  

If you are a novice then Next is pretty straight forward.  Otherwise it's pretty much just a VERY stripped down DAW.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

If you are a novice then Next is pretty straight forward.  Otherwise it's pretty much just a VERY stripped down DAW.

Exactly why I really like it. Though stripped down it has all you need .. the lack of clutter and nice open layout lends to better creativity for me anyway without getting lost in loads of features that many never use anyway TBH, inc myself. 

NEXT is a K.I.S.S DAW .. and nothing wrong with that even for seasoned pros / users in my view

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2024 at 12:36 PM, aidan o driscoll said:

UPDATE - Still as per above. Beta NEXT latest version still working on my system for free - happy days :D