Sampleson Release Scaper

satya

https://sampleson.com/scaper.html

Sampleson have released Scaper, available at the intro price of $29.00, increasing to $49.00 after the promotion.

Scaper captures the essence of any audio file, crafting it into a cinematic atmosphere that evolves over time.

Features include:

Any Audio to Cinematic Atmosphere Generator.

3 Time Stretchers.

1 Particle Generator.

~80 MB.

Low CPU Usage.

Automated Parameters for DAWs.

Scalable HD Interface.

Scaper is available to PC and Mac users (VST3, AU and standalone).

Anybody else having a problem authorizing Scaper v1.0.1? I've tried it in both Gig Performer and Reaper. I instantiate the VST3 and the Authorize window opens. I paste the long authorization code into it and press the Authorize button. Nothing. Nada. No feedback of any kind, even an unhelpful error message. Nothing.

I sent an email to Sampleson. Let's see how long it takes them to respond and how they respond.

6 hours ago, John Maar said:

Anybody else having a problem authorizing Scaper v1.0.1? I've tried it in both Gig Performer and Reaper. I instantiate the VST3 and the Authorize window opens. I paste the long authorization code into it and press the Authorize button. Nothing. Nada. No feedback of any kind, even an unhelpful error message. Nothing.

I sent an email to Sampleson. Let's see how long it takes them to respond and how they respond.

They changed their authorization to online since some time! But you can't find any helpful information on their site related to authorization. It's real fraud IMO!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CSistine said:

They changed their authorization to online since some time! But you can't find any helpful information on their site related to authorization. It's real fraud IMO!

I heard back from them. They asked me to check if the standalone version would authorize. I think it did when I originally installed it, but it's really unusable. Every time I start the standalone, I get an error message that the audio file I was using had either been deleted (nope!) or moved (nope again!). I had to browse for the audio file I was working on and reload it. Then, when I tried to select ASIO instead of the default Windows Audio, it refused to load my ASIO driver (that every other audio app could find and use no problem) and then became somewhat unresponsive. I could work within the app, but couldn't close it, forcing me to use the Task Manager to END the task.

I replied with this info...and haven't heard back since.

Maybe I'll just uninstall it and write off the 29 € I spent.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John Maar said:

Every time I start the standalone, I get an error message that the audio file I was using had either been deleted (nope!) or moved (nope again!).

One thing to test might be to try moving the audio file to a path without spaces; another might be to try using a short path.

• Like 1