PSP 608 MD MultiDelay Plugin for $29.99

cclarry

As much as I like the PSP plugins that I have, I'm not sure if I'd use this often enough to justify a purchase, even at this price. I generally reach for Soundtoys EchoBoy first, and almost always get a delay effect that works.

6 hours ago, John Maar said:

As much as I like the PSP plugins that I have, I'm not sure if I'd use this often enough to justify a purchase, even at this price. I generally reach for Soundtoys EchoBoy first, and almost always get a delay effect that works.

I don't know how much I'll use it, but I picked it up on sale recently for multitap and yamaha ud stomp stuff.

2 hours ago, John Nelson said:

Fwiw, one of the most versatile and straightforward delay apps. Comprehensive preset menu, too. 

What the hey. It's only $25. Purchased and installed.

EDIT: Holy cwap! Who named the Hank Marvin presets? Good lawd.

Edited by John Maar

On 6/15/2024 at 8:20 AM, John Maar said:

6 hours ago, John Maar said:

What the hey. It's only $25. Purchased and installed.

EDIT: Holy cwap! Who named the Hank Marvin presets? Good lawd.

LOL.  Your first post convinced me not to do an impulse buy.  But you went ahead and bought/installed it!!!!!!

Other than the preset names, have you developed enough of a hands-on, informed opinion to do a brief advantage-disadvantages review (a good for X, not good for Y review)? Thanks.

UPDATE: Currently trying the 30-day demo for myself; so, no need for a review.  Testing in Voltage Modular (my go-to app for getting baseline assessments via VM's plug-in host).  

• Personal positives:
    • 200+ automatable (easily controllable by CV) parameters
    • Very reasonable CPU load (doesn't tax my 2012 era audio PC)
    • Flexibility
    • per @John Nelson:
      • one of the most versatile and straightforward delay apps.
      • Comprehensive preset menu, too. 

So, thanks for inspiring me to give it a try.

Edited by User 905133
added update
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

LOL.  Your first post convinced me not to do an impulse buy.  But you went ahead and bought/installed it!!!!!!

Other than the preset names, have you developed enough of a hands-on, informed opinion to do a brief advantage-disadvantages review (a good for X, not good for Y review)? Thanks.

UPDATE: Currently trying the 30-day demo for myself; so, no need for a review.  Testing in Voltage Modular (my go-to app for getting baseline assessments via VM's plug-in host).  

• Personal positives:
    • 200+ automatable (easily controllable by CV) parameters
    • Very reasonable CPU load (doesn't tax my 2012 era audio PC)
    • Flexibility
    • per @John Nelson:
      • one of the most versatile and straightforward delay apps.
      • Comprehensive preset menu, too. 

So, thanks for inspiring me to give it a try.

cHdKOJ1.gif