Argh. Cakewalk Activation?

Dibubba

Hi all - 

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

When I launch Cakewalk (2024.02), I get a nastygram reading "Activation Required. Cakewalk MUST be reactivated within 11 days(s). Update activation status before time runs out." Not said: "else we will rip your dogs' paws off at the ankles and leave them to chew on bloodied stumps as we come for your wife next. You will never make music again, chump!"

I find this stentorian command less-than-amusing, especially after scouring all the drop-down options, and finding no Command with which to activate Cakewalk.

So, questions:

1. Could anyone please pint me in the right direction, as to what to do?

I logged into both CW *and* the Forum (hence my being here), and yet the nastygram persists.

2. Could someone at Cakewalk please acknowledge how "user-hostile" this is, and do something about it (read: "next release!!") - so the next time I need to interrupt my normal workflow to update (to features I don't even use), I have an easy way to get back to work?

I've used CW since about 1994. I was delighted with a once a year update, and actually ran from 2008 - 2018 without changing a thing. Since then... well, "happy thoughts".

3. Is there / will there be a CW version that I could just BUY, and have done with this silliness?

Forgive my angst and frustration, please. This kind of thing really pushes my buttons.

Pretty-please and Thank You!

Yeah; it can be frustrating.  I think I wrote up the procedure I used a few weeks ago.  I will see if I can find that post.  IIRC, I logged out of Bandlab via the CbB Help Menu, and then logged back in by going to the Bandlab site (again from the link in CbB's Help Menu).

PS: I am not on Cakewalk's staff, so I have no authority to acknowledge anything about alleged user-hostility with the activation process/messaging.  I am just a user and try to share my experiences in case they help other users.

UPDATE:

I took a chance, logged out of Bandlab from within CbB, looked up the user name and password, rebooted CbB (might not have been necessary to close/reopen CbB), and logged into Bandlab starting from within CbB.  That worked for me.

Edited by User 905133
(4) fixed typo; (3) added a link and a quote from the prior post; (2) added a PS; (1) fixed typos

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.

The New Issue (29.9.098) is that Sonar will not accept my changes to the Input for each Track. I set the input (bottom of the Track Channel), and it keeps reverting back to 16 In, no matter what I want. I can't make it obey me anymore.

I'm drowning, here - I have a deadline. 😞

11 hours ago, Dibubba said:

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.

The New Issue (29.9.098) is that Sonar will not accept my changes to the Input for each Track. I set the input (bottom of the Track Channel), and it keeps reverting back to 16 In, no matter what I want. I can't make it obey me anymore.

I'm drowning, here - I have a deadline. 😞

Are you sure its not retaining the input? It sounds like you're seeing an abbreviation of the driver name.