Crackling during playback

I recently replaced my system drive with a larger one and since then, I'm hearing random crackling during playback. Prior to this, I've never had a problem with my system no matter how many tracks, plugins or virtual instruments. Looking at the system performance meter, it's never going over 10%. Before I start digging, I wanted to see if anyone ever ran into this same issue.

Looks like I may have found the culprit. On the one project I'm working on, I noticed the crackling happened around the same part of the song. I started muting tracks until I found it. It was the Sonitus gate. When I disabled it, the crackling stopped. Now I'm going to check the other project.

19 minutes ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Are you sure it wasn't the gate simply "chattering"?

I was watching it when it was happening and the sound didn't match the behavior of the plugin.  Each time through that section, the sound was different. It was definitely a static like crackle. Like someone twisting a dirty cable in the jack.

49 minutes ago, MisterGreen said:

I was watching it when it was happening and the sound didn't match the behavior of the plugin.  Each time through that section, the sound was different. It was definitely a static like crackle. Like someone twisting a dirty cable in the jack.

A couple of things you could try:

• Bounce the clip to itself (bounce to clip)
  • Copy all the audio to a new track, re-create the track properties and drag the Fx to the new track