IK Grand Finale - T-Racks 5 V2 Max for $49.99!

cclarry

9 hours ago, cclarry said:

T-RackS 5 MAX v2 Grand Finale for $/€49.99!  
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=T-RackS5MAXFinale2024

Summer deals going lower than Black Friday. That’s more like it!

One question though: why is adding an Upgrade, if the deal is for the whole pack?

What if I want to sell all the others, or to gave it for free to someone? That doesn’t look right to me.

So, someone who doesn’t have any product would pay 50€ for T-Racks Max V2, while existing customers would get an upgrade key. That’s weird. Now I’m thinking to revert the transaction via PayPal and get the deal from JRR. The weird things of IKMultimedia. Lol.

Edited by Tianzii
  • Like 1

I have almost everything, but the TEAC bundle and latest additions (The Farm Stone Room, Joe Chiccarelli Vocal Strip and FAME Studio Reverb).

Real value could be the MAX tier itself, not the aforementioned modules. Is it worth the investment?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tianzii said:

One question though: why is adding an Upgrade, if the deal is for the whole pack?

What if I want to sell all the others, or to gave it for free to someone? That doesn’t look right to me.

So, someone who doesn’t have any product would pay 50€ for T-Racks Max V2, while existing customers would get an upgrade key. That’s weird. Now I’m thinking to revert the transaction via PayPal and get the deal from JRR. The weird things of IKMultimedia. Lol.

I really like most all IK products, but they live in their own world when it comes to a business model.

• Like 1

The upgrade is the same product, you are shown the version for which you qualify when you are in our store.  I guess the difference in what the license is called may be important to someone who may want to resell their plug-ins later, so I see that but note it is the same exact set of plugins.

Edited by IK Multimedia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm a bit confused. Custom Shop no longer runs because it's not "up to date" but there is no download for it?  It's still referred to HERE but the download is the Product Manager.  I'm trying to figure what I have and don't have which the latter is not possible in PM.

I've got 36 modules installed but the new V2 has 53?

EDIT: got to the Custom Shop through my DAW inside one of the IK plugs (shopping cart button).  Looks like Tascam 388 & Porta ONE are the only ones missing - not worth $49.

Edited by Fwrend

Dang. Between this and the $50 SampleTank MAX deal, a person could assemble a freakin' juggernaut of IK goodies for $100.

IK Multimedia get a lot of flak around here for their puzzling upgrade policies and difficult and confusing installation/validation methods, much of it deserved. But in the end, the products are just really excellent.

I have Analog Lab 5 and hardly ever touch it, whereas I've gotten multiple song ideas based on the vintage emulations in Syntronik 2. And there's so much content in SampleTank MAX that I wonder if I'll ever even be able to audition all of it.

As for T-Racks, IK giving me a freebie on their Fairchild 670 emulation revolutionized my approach to mixing due to introducing me to what I could do with mid-side compression. As I said about the ST MAX deal, I would consider this from the viewpoint not of whether I wanted all of them, or how many of them duplicated processors I already have, but rather how many of the ones I don't have it would take to make it worth the $49.

If 5 of them interest you, that's $10 a processor. If you don't have their Fairchild 670, it's the best of its type I've tried (gets great reviews, too). Equal, Master Match, whatever you don't already have. If you like attractive GUI's, they're great. A large number of them include mid-side processing, which is something I find essential.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IK Multimedia said:

The upgrade is the same product, you are shown the version for which you qualify when you are in our store.  I guess the difference in what the license is called may be important to someone who may want to resell their plug-ins later, so I see that but note it is the same exact set of plugins.

IIRC, upgrade to the next major version was a bit easier for the MAX license holders. Is it still true?

based on my experience. upgrade prices are neither here not there. if you spend money on a product and you use it -- its money well spent. i feel bad to admin, but there are quite a few really good and expensive products i bought that i hardly ever use. the IKM products i use weekly if not daily. are they better or are the other competing products better? hard to say -- but what matter most is which product you wind up using most often and which one fits your workflow and personal taste.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Dang. Between this and the $50 SampleTank MAX deal, a person could assemble a freakin' juggernaut of IK goodies for $100.

When was the $50 sampletank deal and how did I miss it? It feels like I check this forum 5xs a day lol!

Edited by JT3Jon
  • Haha 3

Oh f*. I promised myself no more spending this month since I got myself new Hue lighting for my entire apartment and a new tv this month. But 2 new reverbs which could be like the Sunset (one of my favourites) and the Tascam series...I had to bite.

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, JT3Jon said:

When was the $50 sampletank deal and how did I miss it? It feels like I check this forum 5xs a day lol!

Really?? It happened at least twice in the past 9 months or so. The last time was back in April. The first one was $69, but unless you're one of the few people who doesn't have a cache of JamPoints, the JamPoints discount took it down to $49.