Smart tool - PRV - options

I would love it if when I am using the Smart Tool to change note length and more, if it was possible to create a "right click option" where I could edit the note parameters,  Instead, if I right click on it on a particular note, the note is erased.   Perhaps the Smart Tool is configurable in a way that I do not know about.

Edited by AB99
  • Great Idea 1

+1  Right-click used to open properties. I still inadvertently delete notes 😕

At one time you could customize tools, but not currently.

The best you can do is get in the habit of using the Event Inspector.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you sjoens.  What through me off is that I right click on the other tools and see the properties, so I thought that was the same for the smart tool.

So - double click on the smart tool.  Still would be nice to have a right click option on the smart tool for consistency.

Edited by AB99

5 hours ago, AB99 said:

So - double click on the smart tool.  Still would be nice to have a right click option on the smart tool for consistency.

Yes, I should have mentioned it. I sometimes find it difficult to accurately double-click a note when the PRV is zoomed out or the note is short so usually just lasso it and use the Event Inspector... after I undo the initially mistaken right-click erase.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sjoens said:

Seems Smart Tool has it backwards.  Delete should be double click.

No doubt some users really like and depend on the one-click delete for their workflow and any change at this point would need to be optional/customizable (as it should have been when they changed it previously).

• Like 1