Soundly's "Shape it" EQ is now FREE for everyone!

Solidos

https://getsoundly.com/tools/

Shape it EQ (like their other plugin "Place it") is now free for everyone!

Shape It, the new equalizer in Soundly has quickly become so popular that users have asked for a standalone plugin for all editing software. And now, it's finally available!

Shape it's cuts and boosts are lightning-fast, making it a perfect fit for the fast-paced world of sound design. This parametric EQ has ten bands and includes various presets, including musical ones, allowing for quick adjustments or complete sound transformation.

Developed to meet professional standards, Shape it has been our in-house tool since its creation. We are thrilled to now share this powerful EQ with the broader audio community for the incredible price of FREE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Worked for me just now. I was able to download both the Shapeit and Placeit installers. Didn't try the cheat sheet.

I used now my pc and download button is at the top

With my iPhone I didn't see that button at all.

Thanks.

Recommendation: do not write this off as "oh boy, another paragraphic to add to my collection of over a dozen of them."

Try it first. What they say about it being lightning fast to set up the usual EQ tasks is true. Just fire it up, try doing your standard highpass, lowpass, notch, and boost. Then decide whether to keep or trash.

Single click to add a node, and if you do it at the ends, it's smart enough to start with a highpass or lowpass, depending. Then, once you have a node in place, when it's focused, it will have a small (but not too small) box with various parameters like Q, shape, etc. And changing the Q is as easy as clicking on the parameter and dragging up and down. The important thing for me is that you don't have to travel to another window or another part of the UI to do anything. It's all right there at the active node.

I like it so much I'm wondering if it's going to replace MEqualizer as my go to. It has 10 bands to MEQ's 6, but I never use that many bands anyway. If you know what a drooler I am about MEqualizer, that should tell you how stoked I am. As do we all, I have some heavy hitters as far as this type of EQ. sonible entropy and proximity, Kilohearts Slice and Carve, T-Racks Equal, the entire Melda line, and all of iZotope's. I'm a hard sell. It doesn't do all of the fancy things others do, but that's what those EQ's are for. This is bread and butter.

I fired it up in PluginDoctor and it was in the ballpark with MEqualizer for performance, which is my benchmark for that.

Cause for rejoicing among a vocal subset of forum buddies: to download it, you click on the button that says "download." Then your download starts. Then you run the installer and the plug-in is installed. Period. No newsletter, no "liking" them or downloading the installer shell or online verification or any of that. Rigmarole don't bother me, I'll crawl over broken glass just to try out a free limiter from a favorite plug-in house.? But I got yer 6.

Also try PlaceIt, which despite the name is more of a sound designer's tool than a spatial placement tool. You can emulate the sound of laptop speakers in an office, the traditional telephone, "Wish You Were Here" transistor radio, and so forth. If I were doing soundtrack work, I'd consider it essential. I'll use it on dialog samples for my ambient stuff.

• Like 4