Lite versions of Ample Guitars - is there a list showing which features do not work in Lite

Hi, The question is mostly in the title. With a limited budget I am trying to use free plugins and only purchase stuff I really need.

So I am using either SI-Bass or Ample P Bass lite, many sections require a palm muted bass to drive the song, so I either use SI-Bass with a muted amp prg OR I am trying to use the Ample Sound P bass lite with the palm mute function - however nothing I do seems to work, so maybe it is not available in the Lite version.

If I can't get the palm mute working I will have to use 2 different Si-Bass tracks = one with muted amp and another with a different prg.  

Can anyone direct me to where it shows which features are excluded from lite versions (I also am dabbling with the Ample sound Martin lite, so knowing about that too would help)

Thanks (apologies for being tight with my expenditure)
On that note I have been considering this Ample Guitar bundle
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1632840366/ample-sounds-mega-guitar-bundle-2023-for?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_a-books_movies_and_music-music-musical_instruments-stringed_instruments-guitars&utm_custom1=_k_CjwKCAjwgpCzBhBhEiwAOSQWQaLmreorrGHUVyBAZacxvwxe3p2AWtpxt1qJEqQepZlfeAPx6eDCLBoCdNAQAvD_BwE_k_&utm_content=go_12603393578_128415440868_508772827879_pla-316238738805_c__1632840366engb_102858184&utm_custom2=12603393578&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwgpCzBhBhEiwAOSQWQaLmreorrGHUVyBAZacxvwxe3p2AWtpxt1qJEqQepZlfeAPx6eDCLBoCdNAQAvD_BwE
Any advice - it seems to have 7 Bass and a dozen Guitars (also some ukelele etc. - not so interesting)

usually each full Ample instrument is 5x that bundle price - so if it's legit then i'd get it. i have 8 ample instruments (basses, guitars, slide, banjo) and they're excellent. not sure what the differences are between lite and full - think some are # of samples, round-robin, and some articulations. i also use the AAS strum, and rarely, the UJAM silk2, mellow, and amber2

• Like 1

You may want to check out MODO BASS 2. There's a free version (CS) that's really good and includes mutes.

I checked out the guy's (Alan Plugins) Etsy page; I don't see any way the stuff he's selling could be legitimate.
Melodyne 5 Studio for £31.52, iZotope RX11 Advanced for £26.75, and many others priced at a small fraction of the normal cost... Maybe I'm wrong, but something's fishy.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

yeah if it's cracked software, that would be bad for several reasons, least of which is violating the company's product license and more likely that fact you'll be installing a hacking root kit and some other goodies allowing them to steal your stuff, ransomware you, and plant stuff to get you arrested when the time comes... bad enough the governments do it, but to pay for it... LOL

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 9:58 AM, Roy Slough said:

Can anyone direct me to where it shows which features are excluded from lite versions (I also am dabbling with the Ample sound Martin lite, so knowing about that too would help)

On the AmpleSound site, if you click on products, then the version (free software is in the lower right... this is the Martin Lite page, and this is the Bass P Lite page), click on the "Overview" of each instrument and the comparison chart is at the very top between free and paid. In addition to the samples being 16-bit on the Lite bass, the range and articulations are also limited (you are correct that there is no palm mute in the Lite version).

As far as paid versions, during sales (often 20%+ off), log into your account (definitely if you already own things as you get 10% more off)... the pricing curve has a very drastic knee in it after you buy 3 items... so unless you are dead set on a big bundle, you will get diminishing returns after the first 3 (as a group). I have always bought things during sales (often twice per year, but definitely during the holidays) in sets of 3 each.

I posted that saving chart years ago in this post if you are curious about the sale savings mentioned above graphically.

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1