UAD $25.00 off plugins

jesse g

Posted (edited)

Users, check  your mailbox to see if you received a $25.00 off offer from UAD.  There is no Coupon in the email, when you log into the UAD Site, you will see that your cart is blue.  Add an item or items more than $99.00 to your cart and then click APPLY for the $25.00 to be removed.   👍

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

noting here. but to be honest, not too impressed with UAD. the authentication constantly running on system is a little annoying. is anyone aware of anything special that UAD have that others don't make?

Edited by Nitrate Audio

2 hours ago, Nitrate Audio said:

noting here. but to be honest, not too impressed with UAD. the authentication constantly running on system is a little annoying. is anyone aware of anything special that UAD have that others don't make?

Compatibility with the Softube controller. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

If I buy 2 of the $49 things I want I’m a dollar short to use the $25.  It says must total over $99 to use discount. 😩 

Considering:  Capitol Chambers and/or Hitsville

Edited by mrneil2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mrneil2 said:

If I buy 2 of the $49 things I want I’m a dollar short to use the $25.  It says must total over $99 to use discount. 😩 

The two for $76 deal winds up being basically the same price.

• Like 1

I guess the $299 Signature Bundle for 44 plugins is (still) the one to go for. Some even got it for $150 in glitchville. Using your $25 coupon will even make it sweeter. I’ve already got 12 out of the 44 plugins but it’s still a pretty sweet deal. 

9 hours ago, Nitrate Audio said:

Are you not impressed after using their plugins? You're asking what they do that others don't - but you would know this if you used their plugins, right? lol?

On my mobile rig - before Native versions were released - the 3 workhorse plugins I  missed were the Lexicon 224, LA-2A collection & Massive Passive EQ. I prefer these to the alternative emulations, especially the LA-2A collection which I find so far beyond the competitors that it's not comparable. EXCEPT - I really love the Neold U2A, but it's much different sound than a hardware LA-2A or the UAD versions. It has a much darker and aggressive sound - but love it still.

Non-native plugins that I love and can't find replacements for on mobile rig (open to suggestions!): Cooper Time Cube, EP-34 Tape Echo (the IK tape-echo is quite nice though), Moog Multimode Filter (don't like alternatives), Dytronics Chorus & Cyclosonic Panner, Fatso Jr. Sr., Ocean Way Studios, Lexicon 480L (don't like alternatives), Capitol Mastering Compressor and love their Electra 88. Probably missing a few, but that's from memory.

Quite a few I haven't tried / don't own, but UAD makes solid emulations and some very unique effects. And they really do have some of the best emulations of (in my opinion) critical studio gear, including their own hardware (6176, LA-2A, 1176, etc.). However - tons of their catalog is pulled from Softube, Brainworx so can be purchased elsewhere. 

For years I could do work on my mobile rig without UAD plugins and had no problems. I could definitely live without their products. But I definitely miss them when they're not around.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Are you not impressed after using their plugins?

Although, the question was not addressed to me, hope you don't mind me sharing my 2 cents.

UAD emulations are top-notch. Period. However, this doesn't mean that other plugins don't sound as good or unable to beat UAD plugins in features.

Unless one is looking for a particular color (or believes that somehow plugins, that emulate hardware that was used to record smashing hits, can help with creating another smashing hit, since we all need a source of inspiration, right?), that person is all set with what he already has.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)

No I was just commenting on their strategy. I’m a dollar short.  Would have been happy if I could have used the discount.  That’s all

Yes they are quality products . No question about that. But I’m sure some bean counter figured there would be people like me who would try to buy 2 at $98 and apply the $25 off for a total of $73.

I didn’t see the 2 for $76 and will now look into that  Thanks

Edited by mrneil2
Spelling
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pat Osterday said:

The two for $76 deal winds up being basically the same price.

Thanks. I missed  that. If I had seen it I would not have posted at all. I’ll do that

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I am always a dollar short...and a day late.

Was going add that but I still had till June 30th and figured someone would call me on it

18 hours ago, mrneil2 said:

If you get the 2 for $76 and add another for $49… using the $25 it ends up being $100

Which, strangely, is cheaper than the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Which, strangely, is cheaper than the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal.

Yep, and Edge gave me another code (7A4HV8EV94) for 15% off First Purchase Coupon making it $85!

• Great Idea 1

I found TWO $25 vouchers in my account after purchasing the PRODUCER BUNDLE.
One of them can be used for ANY purchase, while the other is valid on $99 and up purchases. I already have the Essentials Bundle and pulled the trigger on the Producer Bundle due to all of the keyboards and the other compressors being included.

I was debating on what TWO plugins I could get in the $76, and then use the general $25 off coupon.
Decisions, decisions ;^)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Although, the question was not addressed to me, hope you don't mind me sharing my 2 cents.

UAD emulations are top-notch. Period. However, this doesn't mean that other plugins don't sound as good or unable to beat UAD plugins in features.

Unless one is looking for a particular color (or believes that somehow plugins, that emulate hardware that was used to record smashing hits, can help with creating another smashing hit, since we all need a source of inspiration, right?), that person is all set with what he already has.

This is kind of a no-brainer statement. Basically "UAD plugins are great. Other plugins are also great. Use whatever."

Of course.

However - "believes that somehow plugins, that emulate hardware that was used to record smashing hits...". This implies that all emulations are created equal. When they are absolutely not. If you're looking specifically for a hardware emulation, then there are indeed objective measurements to determine which is best. And there are some emulations that are absolutely terrible - not even in a "sounds different but still good" kind of way, like Neolds U2A, just in a straight "not good sounding" kinda way. 

I ran into this problem a while back. I was doing a restoration / restoration project on a track from 2010. Unfortunately the stems all had a terrible sounding reverb baked in, so I was going back to the original Cubase project file and reconstructing the mix. This project had a lot of UAD plugins, but at the time I was on a mobile rig and UAD hadn't released Native versions. So most of the plugins had to be replaced with different versions from Softube, Plugin Alliance, Waves, IK, etc. No problem for 99% of the replacements.

But - there was a problem with one specific instrument that was heavily distorted in the stem. According to the "missing plugins" list for that track, the distortion was coming from UADs LA-2A emulation (LA-2As can have amazing distortion when pushed), which I assumed to be the generic version, not the silver / gray, etc. version. So, I started going through Waves CLA-2A, IK White 2A, Softube / NIs VC 2A, even Brainworx BX_Opto, and any possible similar compressor I could find. Could not replicate the sound of that stem. Tried everything. Literally everything - hours and hours of A/B switching, different gain staging, putting one on top of another, etc., etc.  Could not get even close to what the stem sounded like....and in fact the alternatives sounded bad! Closest was maybe the Waves CLA-2A, but it was still off by a mile, but at least the saturation didn't sound horrible.

Was travelling in a big city, so was able to get into a studio with hardware LA-2A units. Patched everything in, twiddled some knobs and boom, exact same sound as the stem. I didn't realize how close the plugin versions were to those units.

But this is a good example of how accurate emulations need to be tested in ALL scenarios where the hardware unit is used.  With the LA-2A, most of the competing emulations are excellent at basic compression / limiting, but they all fail at high gain saturation. Which is interesting, because I think UAD often fails in this department (eg. Thermionic Culture Vulture) but nailed it on the LA-2A.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

So, I started going through Waves CLA-2A, IK White 2A, Softube / NIs VC 2A, even Brainworx BX_Opto, and any possible similar compressor I could find. Could not replicate the sound of that stem.

You were looking for a particular color.

5 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

This implies that all emulations are created equal. When they are absolutely not.

It doesn't imply that. And I agree, that they are not equal. They are equally good, however, because all emulations are based on particular prototypes, and the prototyped hardware units are not equal in many aspects.

On 6/9/2024 at 1:01 AM, Simeon Amburgey said:

I found TWO $25 vouchers in my account after purchasing the PRODUCER BUNDLE.
One of them can be used for ANY purchase, while the other is valid on $99 and up purchases. I already have the Essentials Bundle and pulled the trigger on the Producer Bundle due to all of the keyboards and the other compressors being included.

I was debating on what TWO plugins I could get in the $76, and then use the general $25 off coupon.
Decisions, decisions ;^)

I was contemplating that as well. As a fellow keys afficionado, how do you feel they stack up to other options @Simeon Amburgey?