Imaginando FRMS €14.90 for less than 24 hours

ralfrobert

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

https://www.imaginando.pt/

Nice granular synth. Don't know exactly when the sale started. Definitely worth a look. 

Sale is up for 24 hours from morning - have FRMS for Ipad and for Desktop too- beautiful synth - granular - on ipad cost now only 3 Eur for 24 hours too

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/frms-granular-synthesizer/id1381392223

these guys from Portugal are very user friendly + they run chat online almost every buseness day and ansvered about 1 hour :)

Edited by Kreveta Puket
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ralfrobert changed the title to Imaginando FRMS €14.90 for less than 24 hours
1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I don't think I've checked this synth out before, it sounds really good to my ears. Anyone here use it and want to share their thoughts? 

You don’t need another synth. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I don't think I've checked this synth out before, it sounds really good to my ears. Anyone here use it and want to share their thoughts? 

I'd be asking myself whether I already use the existing granular synths enough before considering it. They are a little different and not always my first thought generally, even though I have fun using them when I do.

It's at that sort of magic price where I'm a little tempted, particularly as the synth seems to be quite well thought of. But what I'd like to know is how CPU-heavy it is, say compared to something like Pigments. I find that I can run one instance of Pigments, but my computer is fairly old, so it can struggle a bit with it, depending on the patch and the number of embedded effects.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, David Inglesfield said:

It's at that sort of magic price where I'm a little tempted, particularly as the synth seems to be quite well thought of. But what I'd like to know is how CPU-heavy it is, say compared to something like Pigments. I find that I can run one instance of Pigments, but my computer is fairly old, so it can struggle a bit with it, depending on the patch and the number of embedded effects.

Its fine on cpu, try demo, sale ends in 1 h 55 min

1 minute ago, Kreveta Puket said:

Same observation here. I would like to add the following : The presets are well worth the 10 bucks for 10 packs. As far as I can see, they are very diverse and cover a lot of ground.  

• Like 1

--

Same observation here. I would like to add the following : The presets are well worth the 10 bucks for 10 packs. As far as I can see, they are very diverse and cover a lot of ground.  

Thanks, I'm convinced. I'm going to go for it right now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This synth looks interesting. But from the main page I always have the impression that it's too similar to Padshop from Steinberg, that I already have. But... anyway... as already said... I don't need another synth.

Edith says: unless it's another "perfect" vintage emulation. Isn't it you junkie!

Edited by Sergio

Posted (edited)

Had this in cart last night and decided to sleep on it as I am not short on granular options.  Woke up to find the sale had expired, then discovered that having the item in my cart still allowed me to check out.

I was so close to resisting.  I'm not sure it is in my personality to not buy an interesting looking MPE synth for less than 20 bucks, though.

Edit:  Looks like it is back to being on sale for everyone again, per the website.

Edited by Anxiousmofo

14 hours ago, MrFigg said:

You don’t need another synth. 

I'm pretty sure my wife hacked your account and is now making posts! ;)

You and Music Man did stop me. I suppose it's no secret that we're all addicted to buying too much. And you're absolutely right of course,  that like probably everyone else here, I have a ridiculous amount of virtual synths to the point I haven't really found the time to spend much time with some. 

But you guys did steal the buzz away when I was ready to purchase and I'm sure you knew exactly what was going on because you experience the same thing yourselves.  So,  I'm still a little annoyed you guys interrupted me when I was in fulll GAS mode. I can only imagine how much developers would loathe your efforts! But I'm also appreciative because I can see you guys were acting to be helpful. I probably would have bought the synth and all of the presets and I probably would have used it in a maximum of one project or none. So thanks for talking me down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm pretty sure my wife hacked your account and is now making posts! ;)

You and Music Man did stop me. I suppose it's no secret that we're all addicted to buying too much. And you're absolutely right of course,  that like probably everyone else here, I have a ridiculous amount of virtual synths to the point I haven't really found the time to spend much time with some. 

But you guys did steal the buzz away when I was ready to purchase and I'm sure you knew exactly what was going on because you experience the same thing yourselves.  So,  I'm still a little annoyed you guys interrupted me when I was in fulll GAS mode. I can only imagine how much developers would loathe your efforts! But I'm also appreciative because I can see you guys were acting to be helpful. I probably would have bought the synth and all of the presets and I probably would have used it in a maximum of one project or none. So thanks for talking me down. 

Welcome. There’ll be many such times. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ron Stranghoener said:

Does anyone know how to download the expansion packs I ordered? Had no problem downloading the FRMS itself but can't for the life of me figure out where my purchased expansions are.

They load in from the plugin itself. When you next open FRMS in your DAW, it should prompt you to download them right from within the plugin.

14 minutes ago, Daniel Hulse said:

They load in from the plugin itself. When you next open FRMS in your DAW, it should prompt you to download them right from within the plugin.

Make sure to login first. After login I was able to download to both iOS and Mac FRMS, which was really great.

• Like 1

Definitely worth the sales price!

My only gripe is that we only get a VST2 Windows' plugin.  It works fine now but I don't want to have to give up a good synth when Steinberg drops VST2 support in Cubase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been checking this one out more today. Actually quite an interesting synth and good for more experimental stuff. Probably worth the sale price :)

8 hours ago, locrian said:

My only gripe is that we only get a VST2 Windows' plugin.  It works fine now but I don't want to have to give up a good synth when Steinberg drops VST2 support in Cubase.

They seem to have just updated their free delay to VST3 recently so I wonder how far off the rest are.

• Like 1