IK Specials for June

cclarry

2 minutes ago, IK Multimedia said:

Never mind, I found it in the FAQ.  You took a shot of the crossgrade section of the FAQ.  The promotion is TONEX Upgrade.  The Upgrade section of that same FAQ says:

Yes…but Best Service are selling the Crossgrade/ Upgrade  for €49 with the information from that FAQ. 

IMG_6591.png

IMG_6592.png

Posted (edited)

Yes, we'll have them use the proper name for the product that is on sale which will help.  I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so I can have our sales reps wrangle in their dealer listings.  We provide the TONEX Upgrade SKU for the promotion, unfortunately their listing has incorrect information but will be corrected.

Edited by IK Multimedia

Just now, IK Multimedia said:

Yes, we'll have them use the proper name for the product that is on sale which will help.  I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so I can have our sales reps wrangle in their dealer listings.

Yeah. Maybe tell JRR too :) . Now where were we with that license for saving the company for future generations :):):)

Posted (edited)

Hahaha…nah all good :) . I’m fine with AmpliTube. Thanks for clarifying on the forum. Good to have your presence. :)

By the way, you may want to check over in the IK forum. There seems to be a confused person asking about roughly the same thing there too. 

Edited by MrFigg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

there is/or was a page on the IK site where you can login and check for which products you qualify for an upgrade or cross grade. I can't recall now.

Yeah. Thanks. I know. That’s where the confusion stemmed from. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2024 at 9:18 PM, IK Multimedia said:

Never mind, I found it in the FAQ.  You took a shot of the crossgrade section of the FAQ.  The promotion is TONEX Upgrade.  The Upgrade section of that same FAQ says:

Ok...Best service CROSSGRADE (note: NOT upgrade). I own Amplitube 5. Can I now buy this and register for Tonex?

Description: "Please note that a crossgrade/upgrade to TONEX is only possible within the same product family. This means that only AmpliTube products qualify for the TONEX crossgrade/upgrade."

https://www.bestservice.com/en/amplitube_tonex_crossgrade.html

And from the FAQ on your website as of today:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1191

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 05-57-42 AmpliTube TONEX Crossgrade IK-Multimedia bestservice.com EN.png

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 06-19-05 IK MULTIMEDIA. SOUND BETTER.png

Edited by MrFigg

well, to me this clearly states *Upgrade for registered users of AmpliTube Products" according to Best Service. But what I am concerned about is there is no mention on the IK site of this existence of this product. I would suggest send email to BS to confirm. I have deal with their support and they reply within 24 hours. You can also ask the IK sales email as well to confirm before you purchase. It's a decent deal if it works.

Edited by Nitrate Audio

28 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

well, to me this clearly states *Upgrade for registered users of AmpliTube Products" according to Best Service. But what I am concerned about is there is no mention on the IK site of this existence of this product. I would suggest send email to BS to confirm. I have deal with their support and they reply within 24 hours. You can also ask the IK sales email as well to confirm before you purchase. It's a decent deal if it works.

Thanks for the suggestion but to be honest I’m done. I own every one of their products with the exception of Tonex. If you read a bit  back in this thread you can see where the confusion is. Thing is they said they’d contact the vendors to make sure they worded the deal correctly. What they have done is the opposite. Now it is stated even more clearly that this is for owners of the AmpliTube family. Now don’t get me wrong, the fella who usually answers on behalf of IK has been really decent to me in the past and helped me out. I’m just joining the growing legions of disgruntled ex IK customers. 

23 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Thanks for the suggestion but to be honest I’m done. I own every one of their products with the exception of Tonex. If you read a bit  back in this thread you can see where the confusion is. Thing is they said they’d contact the vendors to make sure they worded the deal correctly. What they have done is the opposite. Now it is stated even more clearly that this is for owners of the AmpliTube family. Now don’t get me wrong, the fella who usually answers on behalf of IK has been really decent to me in the past and helped me out. I’m just joining the growing legions of disgruntled ex IK customers. 

AmpliTube 5 is part of AmpliTube family, no? Or are you trying to use  one of the free CS products as part of the family definition?

2 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

AmpliTube 5 is part of AmpliTube family, no? Or are you trying to use  one of the free CS products as part of the family definition?

Yeah. I have AmpliTube 5 plus every artist pack and add on. Everything basically. IK apparently see Tonex and AmpliTube as two different families however. But that doesn’t get ways from the fact that it’s advertised as a crossgrade for owners of AmpliTube and the description of what defines a crossgrade is in black and white on IK’s website. 

20 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Yeah. I have AmpliTube 5 plus every artist pack and add on. Everything basically. IK apparently see Tonex and AmpliTube as two different families however. But that doesn’t get ways from the fact that it’s advertised as a crossgrade for owners of AmpliTube and the description of what defines a crossgrade is in black and white on IK’s website. 

I see. I would bring it up with BS and confirm this product wording is correct and not an error on their site. To me, this reads like a product that allows someone who owns Amplitube to buy ToneX at that discounted price.

15 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

I see. I would bring it up with BS and confirm this product wording is correct and not an error on their site. To me, this reads like a product that allows someone who owns Amplitube to buy ToneX at that discounted price.

Yep. That’s what it says. 

1 hour ago, MrFigg said:

My personal opinion:

TONEX is literally their only must have product.  Everything else they make there is at least a good alternative to.

Yes, I own virtually all of it - other than a few things they released in the last year (like another reverb, another tape emu, etc).  

Not that they don't make other good things, but TONEX is the only product they offer that is significantly better than the alternatives.

Granted, I also think you have to buy a bunch of 3rd party packs or capture your own favorite gear to get the real value out of it.  

• Like 1

Just now, Brian Walton said:

My personal opinion:

TONEX is literally their only must have product.  Everything else they make there is at least a good alternative to.

Yes, I own virtually all of it - other than a few things they released in the last year (like another reverb, another tape emu, etc).  

Not that they don't make other good things, but TONEX is the only product they offer that is significantly better than the alternatives.

Granted, I also think you have to buy a bunch of 3rd party packs or capture your own favorite gear to get the real value out of it.  

Absolutely, I don’t doubt the product is good. They have some great stuff. Main issue lies in the confusion of what’s what. This has been pointed out to IK who said they’d amend their webpages which it would appear hasn’t been done. Also the descriptions being put out by vendors haven’t just made themselves up. They’ve come from somewhere. Audiodeluxe also have it marked as a crossgrade and not an upgrade. 

2 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Yep. That’s what it says. 

to be honest, that price is not that far off from what i paid for tonex . i would suggest, confirm with BS support that its a  valid product and if they say yes, confirm with them that they will give you a refund if the serial doesn't work for you on the IK site. if its a site error on the BS site, the onus is on them to honor the mistake.

1 minute ago, Nitrate Audio said:

to be honest, that price is not that far off from what i paid for tonex . i would suggest, confirm with BS support that its a  valid product and if they say yes, confirm with them that they will give you a refund if the serial doesn't work for you on the IK site. if its a site error on the BS site, the onus is on them to honor the mistake.

You know, to be honest, I don’t really want it that much. I have amp sims coming out my ears. Literally. Melda are working on capture software which I’m pretty sure will be great and I’ll get it for free. So this is really more about why IK don’t sort this out. There’ll no doubt be a load of people trying to register that crossgrade and getting error codes. There were some people talking about it a while ago on the IK forum. 

1 minute ago, MrFigg said:

You know, to be honest, I don’t really want it that much. I have amp sims coming out my ears. Literally. Melda are working on capture software which I’m pretty sure will be great and I’ll get it for free. So this is really more about why IK don’t sort this out. There’ll no doubt be a load of people trying to register that crossgrade and getting error codes. There were some people talking about it a while ago on the IK forum. 

My point above is about all other amp sims are now no longer used because I have TONEX.   I also have Melda Complete.  I messed around with the experimental capture thing and couldn't get anything worthwhile out of it (yet).  That said - it is going to take quite a bit for it to compete with TONEX due to the hardware/software integration.  The only value of a Melda offering is the added effects in the same UI that are very deep.   I do hope they come up with something that captures both accurately and efficiently.  TONEX has some challenges with the amount of processing power it takes to grab advanced captures.  A high spec GPU equipped machine can still take around an hour for a single capture unless you have a super expensive recent machine.

9 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

My point above is about all other amp sims are now no longer used because I have TONEX.   I also have Melda Complete.  I messed around with the experimental capture thing and couldn't get anything worthwhile out of it (yet).  That said - it is going to take quite a bit for it to compete with TONEX due to the hardware/software integration.  The only value of a Melda offering is the added effects in the same UI that are very deep.   I do hope they come up with something that captures both accurately and efficiently.  TONEX has some challenges with the amount of processing power it takes to grab advanced captures.  A high spec GPU equipped machine can still take around an hour for a single capture unless you have a super expensive recent machine.

Aha!! I’ve got Melda complete as well. Have they rolled out the capture thing now? The one we sent in all the recordings for?!

ok, regarding Tonex, I read someone saying that if he could do it all again he’d have stayed with SE and not bothered with Max. What do you think?