Jump to content

Where is the new Cakewalk Sonar?


Recommended Posts

That is what I thought, the 'Nag' is a separate entity to the Re activating/re-Authorizing. I couldn't understand how people were thinking that with the removal of the Nag, the re-authing/re-activating was also gone.

  • Great Idea 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's going to take a specific series of specific questions to clarify BL's long term intent with CbB. Bits and pieces aren't really clearing it up. But not through the developers -  only via Bandlab directly (as the developers have told us time and time again.)

Based on what we know so far, CbB will call home and at some unspecified date it will stop working. For now, it won't nag as much but it will check more often.

Edited by Terry Kelley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2024 at 8:25 PM, Terry Kelley said:

I'm sure we will get plenty of warning when they finally do announce they are killing CbB. I never thought they would do it abruptly and without warning.

Like we got plenty of warning when they changed the re-authorization period to 30 days?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CSistine said:

Like we got plenty of warning when they changed the re-authorization period to 30 days?

Did that need a warning? I mean, not knowing about it til it happens has literally no consequences.

Edited by John T
  • Meh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2024 at 8:30 PM, John Vere said:

If someone posts right now asking “How do I do such and such in Sonar “ it’s pretty likely we know what version they are talking about. 

 

That's a fair assumption, but...I've a got copy of The Power in Cakewalk Sonar  by William (Bill) Edstrom Jr., that was published in 2013.

I'm guessing the current Sonar has changed a bit since then and that there may still be a few stragglers using the original version, which could cause confusion.

BTW, this is my favourite (sic) title for a book ever (and I've written 3 textbooks myself). Reason being that I use Cakewalk every day and because of my surname. ;) 

Edited by Stephen Power
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stephen Power said:
On 6/4/2024 at 9:30 PM, John Vere said:

If someone posts right now asking “How do I do such and such in Sonar “ it’s pretty likely we know what version they are talking about.

That's a fair assumption, but...I've a got copy of The Power in Cakewalk Sonar  by William (Bill) Edstrom Jr., that was published in 2013. [...] I'm guessing the current Sonar has changed a bit since then and that there may still be a few stragglers using the original version, which could cause confusion.

Here's a simple rule: if it's spelled "SONAR", it's the release up until and including SONAR Platinum. If it's spelled "Sonar", it's the version that was introduced 2024. Or, so it should be. BTW, Mr. Edstrom got it right.

p.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Here's a simple rule: if it's spelled "SONAR", it's the release up until and including SONAR Platinum. If it's spelled "Sonar", it's the version that was introduced 2024. Or, so it should be. BTW, Mr. Edstrom got it right.

p.jpeg

The spelling is the same, either way. Only the font has changed - and it's difficult to know if this is a whim of the typist/font setter or a reference to a specific version.

For book titles, capital letters are traditional, so this tells me nothing about the version. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Stephen Power said:

The spelling is the same, either way. Only the font has changed - and it's difficult to know if this is a whim of the typist/font setter or a reference to a specific version.

For book titles, capital letters are traditional, so this tells me nothing about the version. 

so, in terms of the understanding established to some degree on this forum: SONAR (all caps) = SONAR and derivatives from pre-Bandlab days. Sonar (proper case) is the new DAW product from Cakewalk (a Bandlab brand). think of it as "case sensitive programming"

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

so, in terms of the understanding established to some degree on this forum: SONAR (all caps) = SONAR and derivatives from pre-Bandlab days. Sonar (proper case) is the new DAW product from Cakewalk (a Bandlab brand). think of it as "case sensitive programming"

This comment by Cakewalk staff below will further clarifies your view.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...