Wow it's true ! Especially with Music . You simply can't judge a book by its cover .

Great video! I was overwhelmed by Kodi Lee's performance as well, and I believe it comes down being reminded that the gifts some may have are not visible, but yet amazing.

We sometimes judge the book by it's cover, and then are shocked when we open the pages. We all do it at some point, and then we get reminded we should not judge that book by the cover.

Kodi was allowed to use a Simon & Garfunkel song ( Bridge Over Troubled Waters)  ....and they do NOT give permission very often at all, and it was amazing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

Great video! I was overwhelmed by Kodi Lee's performance as well, and I believe it comes down being reminded that the gifts some may have are not visible, but yet amazing.

Thanks !

I also  enjoyed Kodi Lee's performances last year and I agree with your comment .

18 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

We sometimes judge the book by it's cover, and then are shocked when we open the pages. We all do it at some point, and then we get reminded we should not judge that book by the cover.

Yes that's true we all do it .The lucky ones amongst us whom have taken the time to have opened the book not only have gained reminders not to superficially  judge others talents but we have also been given a shot of much needed inspiration to ride as long as we can remember to be open to the many human vessels creativity happens to choose to express itself within .

I have drawn Inspiration from the struggles that have brought Richard Goodall  to where his is today . I have paralleled in my life some of the jobs and things I have had to do just to survive . I respect he found a way to use his talents and he never lost sight of them ....I can gain strength from that example   ...

Check this video out ...this is how good he really is

nice talking with you ,

Kenny

On 6/4/2024 at 4:13 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

not to superficially  judge others talents b

Ever since I first got up on stage and played to a crowd (I played with my back to the crowd most of the night. That's another story), I have much respect for anyone who puts themselves out there for others. I realize it's a need inside. And they know the only way to fulfill that need is to play/sing/entertain. So I clap, cheer them on, and put tips in the jar.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grem said:

Ever since I first got up on stage and played to a crowd (I played with my back to the crowd most of the night. That's another story), I have much respect for anyone who puts themselves out there for others. I realize it's a need inside. And they know the only way to fulfill that need is to play/sing/entertain. So I clap, cheer them on, and put tips in the jar.

Amen. I occasionally like to play out, just to prove to myself (and sometimes others) I have the chops. But I don't have a desire to be an "entertainer" per say. I'd rather create at home by my lonesome.

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 8:11 PM, hockeyjx said:

don't have a desire to be an "entertainer

I am feeling the same. For me, to go out and play, I want to deliver. And to do it right takes an awful lot of your time to prep. 

When I quit playing out I was burnt out. I tried again a few  years later with a band that wanted to do well, but didn't understand or want to commit the time needed. I enjoyed it for sure. But not like it was before.

Now not sure I want to devote that much time to the cause. Or if I can find people equally willing.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1