Sonar no longer "Coming Soon"

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

<Snip>

talk

bull

bunk

gobbledygook

I have nothing to add to this conversation (I left Sonar after being burned by the Sonar for Life), but this thread does remind me of a "Elephant Talk" a King Crimson song in a little loved (except by me) era of King Crimson.

• Like 2

I use Audition. I still call it Cool Edit because that's what it is.  And I do not pay any subscription to Adobe. 

And no, Audition wasn't always subscription based.  But to upgrade from CE2K to Audition (when they bought out Syntrillium), they wanted Adobe type price and I didn't go for it. I kept using CE2k until Adobe gave out a free "perpetual licenses " for registered users of CE2K (right before going to subscription). BTW, that upgraded CE2K to 64bits!!

So, my wave editor of choice is  Audition. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

5 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Oh, go cuddle your Waves One-Knobs....this is a signal processor for ENGINEERS. Serious, no-nonsense, get-the-job-done highly technical mix-with-your-ears engineers who care nothing for aesthetics. Designed to challenge the minds of the mighty and strike fear into the hearts of the weak! Gaze upon it and despair!

image.thumb.png.c3b9c7004c1e6b10d2df9e7b07f93109.png

Just reading those labels is enough to make me want to chug a Gatorade straight from the bottle. "GENERAL PARAMETERS" "DYNAMIC DETECTION" "GATE" "SIDE-CHAIN" "ATTACK"

Not enough knobs to keep you busy? There's a MULTIBAND version!!

I'm a fan of bland or 8bit looking GUIs.   I don't even do color schemes.  I love Live's 8bit look.  I have all of Melda and working with them seems to be a rocket science.  Lack of available know how is their weakness. Reaper use to be that way.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Why on earth are you still bothering with a program that obviously isn't working for you? If I were experiencing only a few of the issues you describe, I wouldn't spend another day beating my head against a wall. The world has too many DAW's in it to waste time with one that harshes your mellow to that degree.

Even if the answer is budget, there are plenty of options for under $100. Waveform (Free), LUNA, REAPER, Mixcraft (wait for a sale), Studio One Artist....try 'em all.

I guess i just kept hoping. When I like something, I don't give up on it easily - define "easily", right? It's the feeling that the problems will never get addressed that's the downer - that's when you give up.

I like the interface of CW, I like the concept, the possibilities, all the integrated options. I have Reaper, too, but I don't like the interface, and if it doesn't inspire me when I open it up, that kind of settles it right there, for me. There are various skins, but still, plus there's no front console - that's a always great thing to have. I was looking at Mixbus, but it's too expensive, and the workflow, too complicated and unintuitive. It does sound great, though. Now, with Luna coming into the picture for Windows... I get that tingly feeling again. Still a lot of things to solve in that one, too - a few majors, plus a lot of minors - but I hope they're gonna solve them 😜. Hopefully, not turning into a deja vu.

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, CSistine said:

You disappoint me, I thought you would say Melda! 😄

You didn't know? Image Line already owns a controlling interest in MeldaProduction.

They're both on the toboggan toward insolvency I suppose.

41 minutes ago, Olaf said:

I was looking at Mixbus, but it's too expensive, and the workflow, too complicated and unintuitive

Give Mixcraft a trial run. They do some pretty good discounts. Not so long ago there was a Mixcraft license in a Humble Bundle. The UI and workflow are obviously heavily influenced by Cakewalk. The company has one of the strongest dedications to QA I've seen. Same people as Cherry Audio, so Mixcraft tosses in a couple of Cherry Audio synths, rather nice ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, husker said:

Wait, did you post Elephant Talk a few minutes before I did?

Yeah, that's why it's 55 in the big list of dead horses. I think it was inevitable after Jesse Screed's screed.

Cool live performance, eh?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Can anyone recommend a good toaster?

The one I have now just won't toast.

Also, I use Audition sometimes.

jibber jabber

prattle

blather

chatter

babble

gibber

gabble

twaddle

witter

drivel

jabber

patter

blether

prate

gossip

gab

natter

twitter

talk

jaw

rabbit

shoot the breeze

yabber

yackety-yak

yap

yatter

chat

yak

yammer

chunter

go on

gas

cackle

gibberish

nonsense

ramble

run on

speak

gabber

chinwag

converse

communicate

chitter-chatter

chit-chat

garbage

tittle-tattle

rubbish

mag

powwow

run off at the mouth

twattle

visit

confabulate

claver

clack

blither

maunder

codswallop

double talk

blabber

slabber

engage in conversation

chew the rag

chew the fat

catch up

have a confab

have a conversation

rattle on

rattle

claptrap

balderdash

n.

bulls hit

piffle

stuff and nonsense

deceit

doublespeak

mumbo jumbo

burble

shoot the bull

blab

applesauce

cod's wallop

hog swallop

hog's wallop

hogswallop

*****-and-bull story

rap

talk nineteen to the dozen

make conversation

have a chinwag

have a chat

tattle

jargon

tripe

bull

bunk

gobbledygook

shut your Cakehole by Bandblab  CbB

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Olaf said:

I guess i just kept hoping. When I like something, I don't give up on it easily - define "easily", right? It's the feeling that the problems will never get addressed that's the downer - that's when you give up.

I like the interface of CW, I like the concept, the possibilities, all the integrated options. I have Reaper, too, but I don't like the interface, and if it doesn't inspire me when I open it up, that kind of settles it right there, for me. There are various skins, but still, plus there's no front console - that's a always great thing to have. I was looking at Mixbus, but it's too expensive, and the workflow, too complicated and unintuitive. It does sound great, though. Now, with Luna coming into the picture for Windows... I get that tingly feeling again. Still a lot of things to solve in that one, too - a few majors, plus a lot of minors - but I hope they're gonna solve them 😜. Hopefully, not turning into a deja vu.

I think going to Studio One would be an easier transition.

Posted (edited)

I believe I missed the announcement of Sonar's official release. Can someone post the link here and, while they're at it, the announcement about the subscription model?

Thanks in advance. 9_9

Edited by Pragi
  • Great Idea 1

On 6/5/2024 at 6:40 PM, Starship Krupa said:

You didn't know? Image Line already owns a controlling interest in MeldaProduction.

They're both on the toboggan toward insolvency I suppose.

Give Mixcraft a trial run. They do some pretty good discounts. Not so long ago there was a Mixcraft license in a Humble Bundle. The UI and workflow are obviously heavily influenced by Cakewalk. The company has one of the strongest dedications to QA I've seen. Same people as Cherry Audio, so Mixcraft tosses in a couple of Cherry Audio synths, rather nice ones.

On 6/6/2024 at 4:26 AM, kitekrazy said:

I think going to Studio One would be an easier transition.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've kept an eye out for alternatives, but everybody seems to be sold on this minimalist "modern" GUI look, which means a very caricatural, depersonalized, schematic look, with nothing to lean your eyes against. Very underwhelming. I'll just wait to see if Luna implements some of the major requests everybody's talking about, and, if it does, we've got a winner. I do like Luna's look, and they seem to release an update every month or so - though they also seem very slow in implementing major changes.

If not, I really don't know what I'm gonna choose.