The Gull some more

Wookiee

Having failed again, The Gull drifts back along the on the ridge lift. When he spots a hawk in the stoop as the hawk pulls out The Gull realises its error and tries once more. This time success. Jubilant The Gull makes it way back to its roost for the night.

Same toys as Part one except for the addition of Cherry Audio's Korg PS-20.

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

To me, this is a song that relates to my life.  Stepping out, wading through life, and avoiding all the pitfalls.  If only I had wings and could fly like a gull, that would be nice.

Thank you, I can see that and understand. 

19 hours ago, noynekker said:

@Wookiee . . . you've added some nice tempo speed ups to illustrate the swooping of flight . . . well conceived, much enjoyed my Sunday night listens to this !

Thank you, I try.

On 6/3/2024 at 4:31 AM, bjornpdx said:

The up and down notes make me picture a bird slowly flapping its wings as it soars overhead. Nicely done Wookie.
-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn, nice to know the music is speaking. 

The song surely fits the subject.  I don't need a video I can see it.  Very nice.  I recently signed up to Instagram, and one guy I follow has stunning videos of eagles, pelicans and other bird swooping down and picking fish out of the water, or fighting with each other, or just playing, grabbing claws in mid air and tumbling around.  Mark Smith Photography if you are on.  I like the majestic sounding but understated middle section.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jwnicholson78 said:

Very evocative.  I really enjoyed that.

For me this has some of the flavor of the Sword and Sworcery soundtrack by Jim Guthrie, which I loved.  Really well done.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff.

On 6/4/2024 at 2:38 PM, steve@baselines.com said:

The song surely fits the subject.  I don't need a video I can see it.  Very nice.  I recently signed up to Instagram, and one guy I follow has stunning videos of eagles, pelicans and other bird swooping down and picking fish out of the water, or fighting with each other, or just playing, grabbing claws in mid air and tumbling around.  Mark Smith Photography if you are on.  I like the majestic sounding but understated middle section.

Nice to hear you are hearing the story, thanks for your ears, time and comments. 

On 6/8/2024 at 12:30 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

As others have said, very evocative and catches the idea of a Gull in flight perfectly - the tempo changes really work.

Really enjoyed this, excellent

Nigel

Thank you Nigel.