Audio Assault Amp Locker Updated to v1.1.5a

Larry Shelby

True story. Strangely enough after I trialed the psp verb I opened this up and played doom metal for ages. . It’s really much better than it gets credit for. (The plugin I mean). 

• Like 6

i agree. it's still got a little bit of a problem in the low mids - a bit of a thin tone, covered in honk, instead of a full body, on some models - and the (very little) spiky top end - but it's a nuance thing, it's not a majordown point. overall it does sound good, to, sometimes, very good - i love the hiwatts, i plan to buy them tomorrow - it's got all the controls you need, without going down the rabbit hole - which is important - and, best of all, it's permanently improving. i think it's made strides so far.

i wish it switched to 0 gain input calibration, all amp simps i think should do that, that would eliminate the infinite input gain guessing/setting problem, and also make different plugins compatible to each other in the signal chain, gain wise, without having to guess/tweek the gain differences between them - when switching, or using different stages of each. tonocracy and nam have done that so far, i think everybody should follow their example. for instance, i don't know how the nam player input is calibrated in amplocker, but if it's at the same level at the rest, that would be too hot for most nam captures.

If I had to pick just one word to describe the sound character of AA amp-sims, that would be "grainy".  Sometimes it's exactly what you need, sometimes it's too much, but the grainy character is always there. I also recommend to check out their cab packs. My favorite so far is Chromeless (based on Matchless). It sounds awesome and can be used across multiple genres.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1