Plugin Boutique Scaler 2 $29 Flash Sale (Exclusive)

Larry Shelby

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

I don't recall seeing it ever go that low before. I wonder if that's the last hurrah before they release Scaler 3. 

Most likely, there is confirmation that Scaler 3 is inbound in their forum, but not much chatter other than that part of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

I don't recall seeing it ever go that low before. I wonder if that's the last hurrah before they release Scaler 3. 

Yeah, this is also what they did with Scaler 1.  Price drop that that plugin had never seen before and then a few months later Scaler 2 drops (and at a reasonable upgrade costs that basically made it equal to buying the product at either time.  

I just hope this higher drop doesn't mean a higher upgrade cost.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, mibby said:

Is it better to buy Scaler 2 then upgrade, or just wait for v3 which will hopefully have an intro price?

If you buy it now, will you use it now? If yes, buy it now. If no, then don't buy it now.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 2

On 5/31/2024 at 4:21 PM, mibby said:

Is it better to buy Scaler 2 then upgrade, or just wait for v3 which will hopefully have an intro price?

If it was me, I'd buy 2 on the deep discount.  That way you have a great program at all time low price.  Who knows if Scaler 3 will have the revolutionary features at the premium price.  No way the intro price is going to be $30 for a new user.  

We don't know what they will do this time, but as per my story below the v1 to v2 upgrade special was a wash between buying the EOL discount + upgrade and the "intro" price of v2.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)

There's a 3 hour tutorial for Scaler 2 on Groove3 called "Music Production Theory & Arrangement Hacks"!

---

Another 3 hours for "Scaler Explained" too!

Edited by mibby
  • Thanks 1

A bunch of folks here apparently like Scaler a bunch. Is there a demo? Is it really just focused on teaching or making chord progressions up based on scales and modes? 

I've watched the video and I'm certainly no virtuoso, but I studied around a year of music theory in addition to several years of piano and organ lessons and was wondering if this brings anything to the table that might be useful for me, or if it's really focused on those who don't know music theory? 

I think it could be cool if I could pump in a chord progression I've created and it could offer chord substitutions I could audition and consider. Does it do anything like that? 

3 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

A bunch of folks here apparently like Scaler a bunch. Is there a demo? Is it really just focused on teaching or making chord progressions up based on scales and modes? 

I've watched the video and I'm certainly no virtuoso, but I studied around a year of music theory in addition to several years of piano and organ lessons and was wondering if this brings anything to the table that might be useful for me, or if it's really focused on those who don't know music theory? 

I think it could be cool if I could pump in a chord progression I've created and it could offer chord substitutions I could audition and consider. Does it do anything like that? 

It has tool for people with more than 1 yr of music theory.

Yes it can offer chord sub suggestions.

Not sure about the demo but plenty of YouTube videos show what it can do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

Scaler 2 was updated at v2.9 the last month of April

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/plugin-boutique-updates-scaler-2-to-v2-9-60629

So, the comment about Scaler 3 is coming... is true

This is perhaps the best resource with some threads here

https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/how-close-are-we-to-scaler-3/15297

https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/is-scaler-3-0-available-as-a-standalone-version/15351/2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1