SpectraLayers 11 Is Coming!

cclarry

Posted (edited)

Discover SpectraLayers 11 at our special preview event

With SpectraLayers 11 just around the corner, the free grace period has already begun. Learn more at our exclusive preview event!

Live in 14 days

Join Dom Sigalas at our streamed preview event on June 12 at 5pm CEST and discover the new features in SpectraLayers 11. And if you buy SpectraLayers 10 at a 40% discount now, you will receive a free update to version 11 on its release!

Edited by cclarry

Posted (edited)

Geez. Yet another money grubbing major version upgrade. I remain super happy that I dumped SpectraLayers 6 for Acon Digital's Acoustica Premium. It's flat out superior all the way around, and the Restoration and Mastering Suite plugins that come with the Premium version are fantastic. Acoustica has had ONE major version upgrade (v6 to v7) that I paid for. All of the other updates have been free. SpectraLayers? v6. v7. v8. v9. v10. And now v11. Give me a break.

Edited by John Maar

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Geez. Yet another money grubbing major version upgrade. I remain super happy that I dumped SpectraLayers 6 for Acon Digital's Acoustica Premium. It's flat out superior all the way around, and the Restoration and Mastering Suite plugins that come with the Premium version are fantastic. Acoustica has had ONE major version upgrade (v6 to v7) that I paid for. All of the other updates have been free. SpectraLayers? v6. v7. v8. v9. v10. And now v11. Give me a break.

Unmixing and restoration quality improves significantly with each new SpectraLayers version.
If you want to compare the performances of the upcoming SpectraLayers 11 vs the latest Acoustica, check out those 2 comparisons:
https://divideconcept.github.io/Unmix-Comparison/

https://divideconcept.github.io/Restoration-Comparison/

@Joakim The grace period started May 16th

Edited by Robin Lobel
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, cclarry said:

Discover SpectraLayers 11 at our special preview event

If you received 10 as part of a Magix bundle, any idea if they are currently allowing a grace period upgrade?
I had a version years ago via Magix and that license didn't allow it, but I have heard other saying that it worked with version 9 and they were able to get 10 for free.

Edited by Technostica

15 minutes ago, Technostica said:

If you received 10 as part of a Magix bundle, any idea if they are currently allowing a grace period upgrade?
I had a version years ago via Magix and that license didn't allow it, but I have heard other saying that it worked with version 9 and they were able to get 10 for free.

Steinberg typically gives a grace period...but it's a crap shoot

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robin Lobel said:

Unmixing and restoration quality improves significantly with each new SpectraLayers version.
If you want to compare the performances of the upcoming SpectraLayers 11 vs the latest Acoustica, check out those 2 comparisons:
https://divideconcept.github.io/Unmix-Comparison/

https://divideconcept.github.io/Restoration-Comparison/

@Joakim The grace period started May 16th

Spectral Layers 11 is impressive. Spectral Layers Pro 10  with the current sale and crossgrade credit for Izotope RX5 or higher can be purchased for$119. That seems like a fair deal if it includes a free upgrade to 11.

• Great Idea 1

I'm considering  purchasing SL10.  Should I keep it unregistered until the official release date just in case or is it safe to register SL10. F.w.i.w the sale is supposed to last until 6/12.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spectralayers 11 is out.

Information about the free update of your SpectraLayers Pro license
Thank you for recently activating your SpectraLayers Pro license! Good news: Since you activated it after May 15, 2024, the license has been updated to SpectraLayers Pro 11 for free as part of our Grace Period program. As soon as the new version has been released, it will be available in the Steinberg Download Assistant under "My product downloads". Have fun with it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluzdog said:

Spectralayers 11 is out.

Information about the free update of your SpectraLayers Pro license
Thank you for recently activating your SpectraLayers Pro license! Good news: Since you activated it after May 15, 2024, the license has been updated to SpectraLayers Pro 11 for free as part of our Grace Period program. As soon as the new version has been released, it will be available in the Steinberg Download Assistant under "My product downloads". Have fun with it!

Damn, mine came with Cubase and was activated automatically even though I've never even used it…