UAD LA-6176 for $99

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to UAD LA-6176 for $99
Posted (edited)

My price was $49 for the Native/Apollo version (with $32 off with CC points).

Ummmmmmmm.........

Installed!

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Well, UAD coupons are useless to me. I just bought this and they gave me a $25 coupon. To do what exactly? Don't they know I own the entire line of products?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bapu said:

with CC points

What are "CC" points?  I've gotten a "thank you" coupon.  I wish they'd keep giving them when you buy with them. But I'm glad they don't.I've given UAD a lot of $$ this year!

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I bet others have it as well. If you already have the constituent parts in plug-ins from UA (610pre, LA-2a, 1176) then is there any reason at all to consider adding this? It's something I'd *love* to have in hardware form for tracking, and if I had an Apollo I might jump on this. As a Satellite-based peasant who owns a bunch of UA plugs already, though, I'm not sure this offers much.

Apart from being a shiny new toy, of course. And I love those.

13 hours ago, Zo said:

Isnt it like having already the comp and the pre s ?

This only takes up 1 Unison slot if you're recording through a UAD interface.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mibby said:

This only takes up 1 Unison slot if you're recording through a UAD interface.

I don’t have up soundcard but yep , valid point 

I sold my LA-610 8 years ago to buy a firewire Apollo 8, figuring I'd have the 610B preamp and an LA2A x 4 with the Unison pres. It never quite felt the same. Close, but the hardware gave tracks a kind of weight the plugins didn't. Close though, so I was and still am happy with that trade.

I demoed this new plugin and I have to say it's really, really close to the hardware. I haven't gone back and looked at some old call-back sheets from the hardware to compare (I will as soon as I have some time) but it works like I thought it would in a quick test. It's $49 for me so I grabbed it.

I loved the LA-610 on acoustic guitar and wind instruments and I have an acoustic session coming up so I'll put the plugin through its paces.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mibby said:

What are "CC" points?  I've gotten a "thank you" coupon.  I wish they'd keep giving them when you buy with them. But I'm glad they don't.I've given UAD a lot of $$ this year!

CC = Credit Card

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Zo said:

anybody seeing this ? 

but when pout in basket it goes 1 k

image.png.6d6733f6f37b4571574969d0e4daa6f8.png

I just saw the Ultimate 12 Standard for $199 and when I put it in my cart it went to $776 and said "you don't own an Apollo so can't buy this" LOL

Edited by cclarry

Pre-purchased the preamps in a no longer existing native bundle, with the anticipation that they would be released shortly thereafter, however been waiting for them for over a year now.  Complained to UA and got a $50 coupon for the wait.  To me , the 6176 is basically a Reason Combinator which is combining things I already own - the pre, an EQ, and the la2a/1176.  Not a fan of these repackagings so this is the first native plugin I'm passing on. At least with the Century channel strip you're getting the EQ section of the Neve 1073, which is currently not available for standalone native purchase. 

• Like 1

There's no way I would have considered this if not for using it as a Unison insert in Apollo. I'm pretty much done with getting the UAD plugins as I have all the ones I want and use. The only  exception has been for new pres/strips that are Unison enabled. This is a good one, IMO. I just tracked stereo acoustic guitar XY'd and used it the way I used to use the LA-610, with the 610 pre, no EQ and light comp with the LA and about 3-7 dB of gain reduction. Sounds wicked good; to my ears it behaves like the hardware.

• Like 3